Chapter {8} Destiny

Matthew 28:19-20

19. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit,

20. teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

****

I watched the man who I had come to call a friend in all his strikingly handsome features and dark dressing sense which I had come I noticed he loved to wear, which was basically a black leather jacket, black shirt, black jeans and boots, wipe the table we shared wholly with what seemed like sanitiser then a few seconds repeated the same action on his chair. Thoroughly so, might I add. I'm pretty sure I could see my own reflection on our wooden table.

A few minutes later, he was back from throwing the cloth he was using and washing his hands.

"Buongiorno," he said, taking a seat on his very shiny chair.

"Good morning," I smiled.

"You are one hygiene enthusiast," I commented, noting his meticulousness.

"No, I am not," he denied the obvious, with a roll of his eyes.

"Yes, you are."

"No, the correct word is germaphobe," he finally said. "For someone who wants to be a doctor, you sure do not know the scientific terms of some diseases or rather phobias."

A warm flush crept up my neck and suffused my face. I guess he was right, I mean the first thing that came to mind was that he was a hygiene enthusiast, not in a bad but a good way, I mean ninety percent of the male population was not hygienic, so I was merely surprised.

"I want to be a cardiologist, not a primary care doctor, or a psychiatrist," I explained as my delicate hue slowly faded away.

"But doesn't being a doctor mean you should know all the different types of illnesses and phobias, amore?" he arched a brow, his pet name causing a fluttering feeling of butterflies in my stomach.

"Not really, especially during my first year of medical school," I explained.

"Interesting," he slowly nodded his head.

We pulled out our laptops, and I began recording all my research and observations.

In a matter of mere seconds, my thoughts were transported back to the verse I had read the previous night. It was as if it had been waiting in the depths of my subconscious, ready to be illuminated by a sudden spark of inspiration. The verse spoke of the duty of Christians to spread the word of God, to heal the sick, and to cast out demons in His name. As I pondered upon this, I was struck by how it seemed to align so perfectly with a TikTok video I had watched the night before. The video had depicted how so many people who claimed to be Christians were still living their everyday lives, listening to the same music, watching the same movies, and socializing with the same friends, yet they seemed unable to fulfil the very purpose for which they had been called. They were unable to carry out the commands of God, to spread His message of love and compassion, and to bring hope and healing to those who needed it most.

The coincidence was not lost on me. It was as if the Lord was trying to tell me something, to awaken me to the true nature of my calling. I realized that being a Christian was not just about going through the motions, attending church, and reciting prayers. It was about living a life of purpose, spreading love and hope to others, of being a beacon of light in a world that often seemed dark and hopeless. The verse and the TikTok video opened my eyes to a new level of understanding, and I knew that from that moment on, my life would never be the same.