Chapter {44} Destiny

Samuel?

From his striking blue eye, to his mop of blonde hair, he was the last person I had expected to be here, smirking as he was.

"How are you doing, Destiny?" He had a sinister smirk, his accent was still ever so present.

He waited for my reply before chuckling darkly and motioning to the desolate room without tiles, or windows to let in natural light, "Oh, what am I asking? You cannot possibly be fine after being taken and held hostage forcefully. I would say sorry but you... You deserve this. You deserve to be locked up and treated like a ransom, a price because you chose him," he spat out the word 'him' that I knew who he was talking about. My world was turning out of its axis slowly but surely.

"Things could've been different, things could have changed," he moved closer to me, his gaze turning soft as he bent down to my eye level looking at me ever so affectionately until roughly pushing my chin away from him with a snare on his face as he abruptly stood up. "But you chose Antonio D'Angelo, knowing fully well who he was. You still chose him."

"Who is Nio? What is He to you?" I found myself asking and as they said curiosity killed the cat and I knew that my curiosity who surely bring my downfall.

Samuel let out a deep belly laughter, laughing like a maniac. Why was he laughing?

He heaved a sigh, "Destiny, stop playing silly games, how can you ask such a question when you live with the man, you chose him?"

He made me even more perplexed, what did he mean? Did he mean that Nio was hiding something from me? Did he have a secret that he had not told me?

"I'm not playing any games, I want to know the truth. What did Nio do to you?"

Samuel glanced at the ticking time bomb that was slowly moving towards my demise if Nio did not show up on time.

"Nio did a lot to me, he caused my own father to isolate me, and harbour hatred towards me because of your dear Nio's famous mafia," when he saw the puzzled look on my face he continued with a smirk on his evil face. "Yes, darling. Your Nio has a mafia, which means that he sells drugs for a living, he kills people that double cross him, he heists big banks, and he goes to war with other Mafia's including my father's very own."

No. No! It couldn't be! Nio could never be a part of the mafia. He is not a murderer, he is not a drug supplier, he does not attack other people.

"No! I refuse to believe that my Nio is capable of any of those acts. You are lying. He might be a bit closed off but that's it. How could you come up with such lies?"

Just looking at the man before me I knew that he had changed, he was not the Samuel I knew. He was more evil, menacing and capable of even making up lies about Nio. Did he think that I would easily fall into the trap that he had purposefully set up to separate me from Nio?

"And what reason would I have to lie to you? What do I stand to gain by lying to you? Destiny, you aren't special enough for me to concoct lies about your boyfriend. What I told you is the truth and I'm sure that you need proof to believe what I'm telling you," he pulled out his smartphone from his back pocket. "I can't wait to burst your little bubble of love or should I say lies?" He chuckled.

Proof? He had proof of what he was talking about.

He put the cell phone before me and I saw a group of men armed with the largest guns that I had ever seen, they were all adorned in black attire and an entourage of cars were parked outside beside them. He pressed the play button and the video played as the cars sped down the street and parked in front of a gate and the men hushedly jumped out of their cars, each one holding on to their own weapon of destruction but one thing caused my breath to halt, the video zoomed in closer and I was able to recognise two faces, both holding guns of their own.