Chapter {45} Antonio

"There has got to be a snitch amongst us, otherwise how else would that darn Izan had foreknowledge about the attack and kidnap Destiny?" Giovanni asked what had been circulating through my rushing mind.

I only nodded.

He continued, pacing around my distorted office which I had messed up in fierce anger after finding out that Izan had Destiny right in his fingertips and I was at his mercy because Destiny was my weakness."We need to find this snitch because he is the key to this locked situation but how will we find them?"

"I will take care of it, just think of a plan B in case the snitch's mouth is sealed shut," and with that I dismiss him, wanting to be left alone with my thoughts of guilt and anger all swirling around my head.

Once the door closed shut, tears of despair cascaded down my cheeks.

Guilt was all I could feel. I knew that being involved with Destiny would only mean that I would be putting her in harm's way but still, I continued and pursued her knowing that enemies like Izan were looking for any weak links in my life and Destiny just happened to be one.

Instantly, I remembered that I had hired some incompetent people to look after her well-being, where were the bodyguards I had hired just for her? 

I decided that I would give them a call and give them a piece of my mind. Their phones for a few infuriating seconds as I clenched and unclenched my fists and finally the senior answered, "B-boss?"

"Where is my girlfriend?" I was too angry to beat around the bush. 

"Uhm, well you see, boss, we have been looking for her for the past-" I interrupted him by throwing my table lamb across the room so furiously that it echoed through the room and the rest of the mansion as it turned eerily silent.

"Did I not assign you with the job of looking after her?! Where were you when she went missing when she was kidnapped?!"

When they did not reply, I threw my laptop to the messy floor, precipitating Giovanni to rush into the room, along with a troop of my men all armed and ready for a fight but when he noticed everything that was once of sentimental value in shreds on the floor, he shakes his head in disbelief and ushers them out.

"You better disappear before I find you," I hissed, at my final straw as I heard him audibly gulp at the end of the call.

I hang up the call before throwing the phone against the wall at the far end of the room making Giovanni look upon me with a look of dismay.

"Nio, I need you to calm down," he urged, waking closer to me, a look of worry washing over his face.

Calm down?

"Calm down?! Would you calm down if your girlfriend was kidnapped because of your lifestyle by a psychopath who is threatening to kill her in forty-eight hours if I do not pay the ridiculous amount of ransom he requested?"

He flinched as I directed all my anger onto him. I could not even bring myself to feel guilty because all I wanted was my Destiny.

"Bro, I understand-" Before he had finished with his sentence, I rushed in.

"What do you understand?! Is your girlfriend kidnapped, is the one you love in a life-and-death situation? Oh, what am I even saying, you don't even have a girlfriend because your own left you, she left you high and dry because of the life you led" I seethed, watching as pain reflected in his own eyes.

His girlfriend was a sour topic that we never spoke of but I had brought it up today amid my anger.

"Can I pray for you?" To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I looked at him as though he had grown two heads, wondering why he joked at such a time.