Chapter {18} Antonio

Matthew 5:43-48

You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy." But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
_______________

A cold chill ran down my spine as I woke up from yet another nightmare to which I had grown accustomed. I swallowed the lump in my throat as horrifying images played through my mind like the worst slideshow ever. The images were so vivid and gruesome, reminding me of who I was and what I had done. I wiped away the cold sweat on my forehead before gulping down a cold glass of water.

Deciding to call it day at only five am, I trudged down to my bathroom for a cold shower, wanting to rid myself of all the perspiration and sorrowfulness that held me captive as an after result of the nightmare.

"Fratello?" Avelina pulled me out of my thoughts as she held out her purple tea cup which was for a newborn close to my mouth.

"Sorry, cara, I was just lost in my thoughts," I responded taking a sip of some of her imaginary tea.

"Okay. I'm tired of playing with dollies, I want to eat doughnuts," she tiredly pulled her hand away, making it settle on the carpeted floor, for further manipulation she pouted her small, pink lips giving me her famous puppy eyes.

"Okay, you manipulator," I agreed as I also needed a break from all the draining work, her eyes beamed as I stood up before helping her stand up as well, resulting in her little scuba floral dress unfolding perfectly. She held onto my hand as we walked out of her room. I would make the most of this time I had with her as it would be a while before I had an opportunity like this and I could tell that she was also happy due to her enthusiastic attitude and unwavering smile.

We left her Frozen-themed room being sure to look out for the pieces of toys that decorated the carpet, "Let's do this, you'll have to clean your room and rid it of all mess you created." I stated making her quickly stop in her walk, digesting my words before she turned around, an angry frown replacing her excited smile. She was about to throw a tantrum but I would have none of that. "Go on now, the quicker you tidy up your room the quicker you will get your doughnuts unless you do not want them." I arched a brow waiting on her answer, which was as clear as day.

"O...kay," she sighed, hanging her hands by her sides.

As much as I wanted to spend as much time with her as could, I still had to instil ethics, morals and values into her and not spoil her otherwise I would face huge difficulties when she had grown up, growing up in wealth could give her a sense of entitlement which would only be a recipe for disaster and since she was put in my care I would make sure she grew up to be a responsible young lady.

I watched as she slowly picked up every toy, placing them in their rightful places and since she was taking her precious time, I decided to read my update on Destiny from her bodyguards and as usual there was no suspicious activity seen but I knew that was only for a little while before they struck in the worst way possible, we were talking about the world's most silent attackers at times but I was prepared for the worst.

"I'm done," Avelina stood before me pointing to the now tidy room making me look at her proudly but Merebeth would have to wipe off every toy to remove any bacteria it must have accumulated so no bacteria would spread.

"Well done, cara. Now we can leave," I held out my hand for her which she gladly toke and held on to more tightly than she had formerly.

The door suddenly burst open and in came Giovanni, in his usual all-black outfit and carefree spirit. He flashed me a mischievous smile knowing how I hated someone barging into any room without permission but I would let it slide because of Avelina, he toke long strides towards Avelina but before he could go any further Avelina ran with all her might, "Uncle Gio!" She exclaimed in excitement, tackling him in a warm hug because similarly they also did not have much time together.