Chapter {32} Destiny

"Are you sure that you want to go there today?" Thato asked, examining me from head to toe. She had not failed to show her discomfort with me going out with Samuel which baffled me, because out of everyone, I expected that she would approve of our relationship but clearly not.

"What is wrong with me going out with Samuel?" I moved from my full-length mirror, moving my pillowcase to the side and taking a seat next to my best friend on the bed.

"He just gives me some weird vibes, yes, I am also a friend of his but don't you think his sudden disappearances and appearances, just don't add up? And besides he used you in a very weird way just to shield himself behind the fact that he could not properly approach you," she arched a brow awaiting my response but all that was going on in my head was that she was speaking absolute sense but it was not like I was walking into a death trap.

"John 7 verse 24 says 'Judge not according to the appearance but judge righteous judgement.' So he could have a very weird look but a pure heart who knows? And besides we are only getting to know each other," And that got her thinking about my bold statement.

I knew that I was standing up for someone whom I barely knew but why judge or accuse without the right facts?

"I guess your right but don't overlook any bad signs that come from him," she warned me, pulling me into a warm embrace.

"I won't."

"Okay, let me go make some lunch. Would you like anything?" She asked breaking the hug, a trace of tears visible in her brown eyes but she hid it by rushing on her feet for a quick escape before I see how much she cared for me but little did she know that I already counted myself blessed to have such a sister.

"No, thank you. I will have something at the restaurant," I smiled at her as she gave me a nod and left my room, shutting the door behind her, and leaving me with disturbing thoughts.

What if she was right?

As my eyes wandered around the room, in thought, my pink Bible caught my eye. It shone brightly and a pit grew in my stomach, knowing how much I was leaning on my own understanding and ways instead of trusting the Lord, how was he going to straighten my paths? The guilt ate at me.

I quickly grabbed it, from my nightstand, asking the Holy Spirits' guidance as I heard what the Lord was saying;

                  Psalms 38:21
  Do not abandon me, O Lord! My God,    do not remain far away from me!

What did the verse mean? What did the Lord want me to find out from this one specific verse? Was I straying away from the Lord? No! I read my Word daily, prayed whenever I could and praised the Lord as though my life depended on it. There was no way my faith was wavering.

I uttered a short prayer of protection and guidance from the Lord before swiping my purse containing my phone from my bed and making my way to what would either be an eventful afternoon or a peaceful one but I could never know now could I?

As I turned into the living room, the aromatic smell of oregano, an Italian spice and freshly baked bread was all my smelling senses could smell, eventually leading me to the kitchen where my best friend was seasoning some basil and oregano leaves in a dose of olive oil. It was a sight to behold, she looked like one of the chefs you would only see on television. From the way she lifted the pan, and tossed the spices in the air without a fuss, to the way she cut the parmesan cheese into thin slices placing them on the open bread slices that were buttered to perfection. Calling me to them.

"Oh, exquisite Chef. May you help me to some good old oregano," I tried out my British accent,  coaxing her into giving me some of her delicious Italian bread. Which I had come to love after trying at an Italian restaurant we had travelled to when we first arrived.