CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.

The corridors felt like they were falling out from underneath Elly. The anxiety ate her up as she rushed through the Jedi Temple. It felt like her entire world was tilting and her lungs were being crushed as she rushed through to her room. The door whooshed shut behind her as the anxiety squeezed her throat.

Her heart was pounding as she sat down on the bed's edge. Her breathing quickly became heavier but she grabbed a hold of the sheets. Her feet pressed down onto the floor as she tried to gain control of herself again. She knew she could. She had brought herself down from panic attacks before and she wouldn't let this one start.

She forced herself to breathe slowly, trying to get her heartbeat down. It had risen so rapidly, so quickly and she hated when she lost control of herself. It made her feel like she'd lost even more control. It was exhausting. Her body fell backwards against the bed as she managed to slowly bring herself down from the edge of a panic attack.

Her room was quiet. It was large which sometimes made her feel so lonely but it was how she wanted it. Her bed took up most of the space but she had a wardrobe and dresser. They were both made of dura-wood with drawers that - in intervals - got stuck in place, which frustrated Elly to no end but she liked them.

Her whole room had a naturalistic theme to it. Green sheets covered her bed, every corner was covered in plants that she tended to. Her desk had more plants on it than books and looked disused but Elly merely took long breaks between studies. Usually, study helped her calm down but she didn't have the energy to get up from her bed.

Then she heard a knock at the door. She shot upright and then the door whooshed open and Obi-Wan walked in hastily. His face was covered in concern and the door closed behind him as he looked over at her. She sent him a small smile and he sighed, gently shaking his head.

"I should have been here," He said. Elly shrugged and rubbed her eyes, removing any trace of the tears.

"Thank you," She responded. He nodded and moved to sit beside her on the bed. He was facing the wall as the two of them stayed in silence for a few moments. Elly knew what she wanted to say but she knew she couldn't. She couldn't go against the Council but she wanted to. She desperately wanted to.

"Obi-Wan," she began but he could already sense her words. He shook his head as he turned to look at her, "I understand that it is my duty but you understand why I can't do this, don't you?" She asked. Obi-Wan nodded his head but she could tell that it had changed nothing. She could feel it. She had always been able to tell with him.

"The Council is right. You need to join the fight," He responded. The seriousness of his tone made Elly frown. She stood up, pacing across to her wardrobe. She then pulled her cloak off and discarded it over the wardrobe door as she picked out robes to change into. She didn't feel like walking around in her formal robes for the rest of the day.