CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.

It was early the next morning and Elly walked into the mess hall. There were Jedis already sitting across from each other, smiles on their faces as they discussed the latest events. The usual sombre atmosphere of the Jedi Temple dissipated when everyone went to eat. It was a welcome change for Elly, especially considering her impending doom.

She glanced around the room and spotted Obi-Wan sitting with Anakin and Ahsoka. Anakin was scowling but Ahsoka and Obi-Wan looked relatively happy considering everything that had happened. Elly collected breakfast and picked up an extra few pieces of fruit before she sat down next to Anakin. She sent them all smiles and they all seemed mildly surprised by her appearance.

"I'm glad you could join us this morning, Master Muloa," Obi-Wan said. His tone was surprised but his face gave nothing away, turning to neutrality.

"I thought I'd make your job easier," Elly said. Though she quickly realised her words came off as stand-offish. Everyone sitting around the table was her friend and yet she had never felt so awkward trying to make conversation with them. The anxiety had switched off all her social skills. She opened her mouth to speak but Ahsoka swooped in.

"Obi-Wan said that you are going to begin training together. Is that true?" Ahsoka asked with a grin on her face. She was only asking to find out whether she could swindle Elly into training with her and Elly knew that but there was no point in lying about it.

"We are. Obi-Wan is going to teach me the ropes again," Elly's smile showed how nervous she felt. She felt like her insides were buzzing with the adrenaline of it all, "Though I distinctly remember teaching him everything when we were younger..." The comment was off-hand but she couldn't resist the temptation to say it. Obi-Wan's face was worth the anxiety. His jaw dropped and he lifted his spoon up threateningly.

"Do well to remember that I saved you from those captured Gundarks on Mith." Elly rolled her eyes and began to slice up her apple, debating on whether to bring it up. Anakin could tell she had something and gently nudged her arm.

"Well, if we're counting how many times I've saved your life..." Elly mumbled with a teasing smile on her face. Obi-Wan's face dropped more and he returned to eating. Anakin smirked.

"So, were you two on missions together a lot when you were younger?" Ahsoka asked curiously before she took a bite out of her sludge-like substance. Elly knew it was some sort of porridge but she couldn't help but think it looked like sick.

"I wouldn't say any more than expected, no," He responded. Elly tilted her head and her face showed her disagreement. Obi-Wan cocked an eyebrow and Elly placed down her half-eaten apple slice as she rested her hands on the table.

"I became a Jedi Knight before him so whenever I was on a mission, I'd ask for him to come with me and Qui-Gonn adored me so my requests were always granted. Obi-Wan likes to pretend he didn't enjoy my company when he was a Padawan learner," Elly explained. Anakin's eyebrow raised and he stared at his Master who had gone deathly quiet. Ahsoka then looked between them and let out a disbelieving laugh.