CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.

Elly had slept well despite her conversation with Anakin. She knew that she could trust him. When he promised silence, he would stick to that. And there was something unspoken between them. They both knew that the other had something going on but neither were willing to question it. Maybe it was out of fear, maybe it was out of respect for the other's privacy but they knew that neither of them would pry.

Not anymore.

Elly was thankful. It made sitting with Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan in the mess hall a much easier experience. Anakin seemed to be in a much more pleasant mood that morning as they ate breakfast. Ahsoka was talking happily about her newest Padawan lessons and lightsaber techniques and that she was top of her class. Obi-Wan was congratulating her and Anakin was bragging about how he helped her perfect her lightsaber techniques. Elly would argue otherwise but didn't say a word. She let him brag.

There was nothing she would gain from correcting him. But Obi-Wan and Elly didn't talk directly at all over breakfast. There was a tension. Anakin knew why. Ahsoka was vaguely aware but said nothing as they ignored it.

By the time that Elly and Obi-Wan were walking to their training session, it was thick enough to slice through. Elly tried to make conversation but all attempts seemed to fall flat. Obi-Wan seemed hesitant to talk to her. She couldn't tell if he regretted what he did or he was simply unaware of how to proceed but it was infuriating.

Once they had reached the training room, some tension dissipated. Elly did her circuit training, weights, cardio. All of it served as a distraction from the obvious unspoken words between them. Elly didn't care to break the tension. She had nothing more to say. Obi-Wan knew how she felt. It all lay in his lap.

"Would you like to duel?" Obi-Wan asked as Elly cooled down from the first half of the training. Her baby hairs were sticking to her forehead and her face was red. She looked awful but he still looked at her the exact same way. That complete adoration.

"Sure," She mumbled as she walked over to her cloak. Her lightsaber was in the pocket and she took it out. It felt good in her hands, comfortable and she turned the setting down. Obi-Wan stripped off his cloak and took his own lightsaber off his belt. He twirled it in his hand once it was activated and turned down. It was a habit she had noticed Anakin had picked up from his Master. Though she had never been one to do it, Obi-Wan likely picked it up from Qui-Gonn.

They both moved to the centre of the room and once they were comfortable, Elly swung at Obi-Wan. He was quick to block, surprised by such a swift attack and they got into the rhythm. Lightsabers clashing as they moved back and forth across the floor. Elly was mostly on the offensive, her lightsaber swinging in harsh arcs and now that she had refined her lightsaber technique, the elegant flicks of her lightsaber were unmissable.

She had become the dangerous wielder again and Obi-Wan would have been impressed if he wasn't the one being sorely beaten. It was only when he was too close to the wall that he realised what she was doing and when their lightsabers clashed once more, he shoved forward. His block turning into an offensive move as he tried to shove her backwards.