CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

Once they had arrived at the barracks, the briefing started. It was quick and Anakin's battalion left first. They were prepared and it seemed that Cody had been dealing with some issues among the clones which made him late to board the ship. They couldn't leave without him so by the time they had jumped into hyperspace, Anakin was long ahead of them.

The Republic surveillance had suggested that a droid army was forming on Welso and it was gearing up to take the capital. There had already been an attempt at a blockade but the Welso's army had managed to shoot down any attempts. It was now left up to the Republic to protect the last Republic territory in that system.

It was in the same system as Parton and the entire system was slowly being forced into separatist allegiance. The droid army was the last straw and if they could not defeat it and ensure safety of the Welsonians then they would also fall into the separatist trap.

Once the battle was won, it was Obi-Wan's job to negotiate with the Senator of Welso in an attempt to keep them on side. Anakin's job was to keep the droid armies occupied and hopefully prevent any more casualties in the city.

They didn't have much time and Elly couldn't stop thinking. She knew it would be a few hours before they landed on Welso but the anticipation was killing her. Part of her was excited to go to battle. It was the first time and she had been itching to go out to the field for weeks but the other was nervous. It would likely be nothing how she expected and that felt odd to her.

But rather than hanging around in the main hull, Elly had retreated to her room. She knew that she needed to meditate, try and gather herself before she threw herself into the battle. It was the first time and the most risky place. If Anakin or Obi-Wan got hurt, she knew it could end badly for her and she didn't want that.

"You're worried," Elly commented as she opened her eyes to look up at Obi-Wan. She had heard the door to her bedroom open while she lay back on her bed, trying to slip into meditation. She was always aware of feelings, their bond made it so much easier to read him. He had been worried since he gave her the news on Coruscant. She just couldn't work out why. His hand swiped over the sensor and the door whooshed shut behind him. Elly then sat up on the bed and beckoned him over. He sighed and sat down in front of her. She reached out and took his hands in her own.

"You're nervous," He retorted. She rolled her eyes and let go of his hand. She needed to tie her hair up or maybe she could get Obi-Wan to braid it.

"I've never seen battle," She responded as she pulled out the two hairties from her pocket. She then held them out to him and he knew what to do. She turned around and he began with his task. The movements and the braiding was calming for Obi-Wan, allowing some of his worry to dissipate and that made Elly smile. She could feel it easing off.

"Anakin and I will be there the whole time. You have nothing to worry about. Commander Cody is also looking out for you. They realised what you did for Jegie. You've got their respect, little bird," He said as he continued to braid her hair like he had so many times since they had become close again. His fingers against her scalp still soothed her unlike anything else. She smiled as she ran her fingers along the bottom hem of her pants.