CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN.

Elly didn't see Obi-Wan in the mess hall the next morning and found herself alone with Anakin and Ahsoka. She didn't entirely mind the company of the younger pair but she missed the familiar, comfortable presence of Obi-Wan. His force signature was a comfortable presence constantly lingering at the back of her mind but she had lost that it that morning

She just hoped that they were still training. She had heard nothing to the contrary so planned on heading to the training rooms exactly as she normally would. But that was not before Anakin and Ahsoka decided to tease her a little longer.

"Obi-Wan is in a council meeting," Anakin informed. He had noticed how she looked around - almost anxiously - every few minutes. It wasn't hard to work out who she was looking for. So, he gave her some reprieve.

But the way her face fell only opened Elly to more teasing and Ahsoka smirked. She glanced at Anakin who shook his head slightly. Ahsoka pouted.

"Why does Master Kenobi talk of you so often?" Ahsoka asked. She glanced at Anakin who didn't seem all that annoyed with the question. He knew not to pry with Obi-Wan and Elly after the short but clear conversation he had had with Obi-Wan but he wanted to anyway. Just a little. He was curious to see if his master was as similar to him as he believed.

"If I knew the answer to that question, I would tell you," Elly retorted as she placed her glass down. Her gaze turned to Ahsoka and she expected some sort of reaction but the Togruta girl simply tilted her head. The corners of her lips turned up into a mischievous smile, "But we are old friends so it is logical that he has stories about me to tell." There was a little shrug as she finished. She then tapped her fingers against the table before she glanced back at the door.

"He never talks this much about his and Anakin's adventures," Ahsoka mumbled. Elly shrugged and watched as Obi-Wan walked into the dining hall. His eyes met hers in an instant and that familiar feeling of his Force presence pressed against hers. She felt the relief fill her chest.

"I have training to attend. Don't get into too much trouble without me, please," Elly said as she stood up. She took her tray back to the front and Obi-Wan met her halfway through the hall. He had a look of relief on his face and she sent him a smile.

The two walked to the training room with only a few words spoke between them. Obi-Wan could tell that she had something to say. He could feel it when he passed her room that morning but he knew they were better to speak in private. It was safer, for the both of them.

"Master Windu came to speak to me," Elly said, once the training room door had whooshed shut behind them. Obi-Wan paused and Elly took in his face for that brief moment before he spoke. His beard looked as perfect as usual, his eyes boring into hers and his oversized cloak pulled over his shoulders. He looked like the perfect Jedi.

"What did he say?" Obi-Wan asked curiously. He gestured to the bench and she moved over with him. She pulled her outer robe off before she sat down.

"He overheard my doubts and threatened my position within the Order." Her tone was soft. The words felt fragile and saying them made the threat feel so much more real. Her cloak folded over her legs and she found herself staring it down, refusing to look up.