CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.

Elly's quarters were quiet. She was sitting at her desk with her leg up by her chest as she scrolled through her datapad. The curtains had been pulled to, leaving her in relative darkness as the sun set across Coruscant. She had been studying quietly in her room since the Council meeting. She had nothing else of importance to attend to so put all her energy into her language studies.

The thoughts of the meeting had left her the second she exited that room. It was something that she could no longer control and any worry over it would be unnecessary. She had only recently come to accept that but it was serving her well. She had put it to one side to focus on her study of Binary.

But as the evening drew in, her study was interrupted by Obi-Wan. He opened the door to her room and the soft whoosh made her head snap up. There were only a few people that knew her room key and when she saw it was Obi-Wan, she grinned.

He looked exhausted but his face brightened when he saw the blonde. Once the door had closed behind him, he walked over to her. He wrapped his arms around her neck from behind, resting his chin against her head as she held onto his arms.

It was their quiet way of greeting each other while Elly finished her page of notes. But once they were done, she got up and he pulled her into a hug. His arms engulfed her, protecting her as she buried her face in his chest. She hadn't seen him since the meeting and she knew that he wanted to talk to her about it. She felt it.

"What did you think was happening earlier?" He asked softly once they had pulled apart. Obi-Wan discarded his cloak and shoes and climbed onto her bed while Elly packed away her datapad.

"I expected Windu to tell me I was expelled from the Order," She admitted as she placed her datapad in the drawer beside her bed. He tilted his head, a frown spreading across his lips as he urged her to come and sit in his lap. She complied and crawled onto the bed and settled into his lap. Her legs straddled his hips.

"You've complied, they would have no reason to do so," He retorted. Elly nodded her head, cupping Obi-Wan's face with her hands. She let her fingers run across his bearded cheeks as she admired him. His eyes had bags under them which meant he hadn't been sleeping very well and there was a sense of heaviness to him.

"He doesn't like me. He never has. He would do it out of spite," Elly said simply as she met Obi-Wan's gaze again. He scoffed as he let his hands rest on Elly's hips.

"Elly, he is a Jedi Master." Elly didn't look convinced so Obi-Wan quickly added, "That is against the Code." Elly chuckled.

"It depends how you interpret it." Her words were almost teasing and he rolled his eyes. He reached forward and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead,"Windu would collapse if he knew the truth," She mumbled as they rested their foreheads together.

"I would never tell him." It wasn't a simple statement, it was a promise and it made Elly's heart warm. She had never understood why Obi-Wan had protected her these long years but the more time she spent with him, the more she understood. They had always been more than friends even if they had never admitted it, "You are better now," He added after a moment. Elly hummed in agreement.