CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

When they arrived on Parton, it was odd for Elly. It had been so long since she had been off-world so suddenly being faced with the dense jungles was disconcerting. But Obi-Wan was quick to help her settle into her role. It wasn't long until she was commanding her small group as they staked out the base.

They had a day to observe the base and learn the shift patterns for the droids and then the next day they would be going in. Elly dreaded going in but she had over a day to prepare and by the time it was time to infiltrate, she felt better.

Obi-Wan had given her a little pep talk and it managed to shoot her confidence through the roof. She took every order with a nod and a smile and when she was assigned a group, she slotted into the leadership role with ease.

The jungle was dense and humid as the group tracked through to the base. The sweat clung to Elly's forehead and the armour she was wearing made it work. She couldn't imagine how the clones were dealing if she was struggling. She was meant to be used to the hot and cold extremes but she had lost her touch over the past few years.

Obi-Wan, who was in front of the two small groups, suddenly threw his hand out. Signifying them to stop, Elly's heart thumping as she heard the chatter of robotic voices. There was a pair of droids close by. Elly reached out in the Force trying to work out if it was really only two. It wasn't. She looked to Obi-Wan, the panic in her eyes as her hand hovered over the lightsaber.

The General shook his head at the blonde before he gestured for the rest of the troops to follow after him. He knew exactly where they could go to avoid the droids. It was going to be difficult but they could do it.

They were deadly silent as they walked through. Elly was using her Force to silence her footsteps as she followed after Obi-Wan. The clone troopers were justbehind her as she kept her bond with Obi-Wan open. She wanted to know anything he was worried about instantly and he knew to tell her first.

The separatist base came into sight a moment later and the battalion came to a stop. Obi-Wan silently ordering them with his hands, the actions were clearly trained and they followed his orders without question.

"I have to go with Cody but you'll be okay with Jegie." Obi-Wan spoke into her mind. He observed her as she nodded and Jegie stepped forward. He gestured for her to follow after him and she gladly did. She sent Obi-Wan a nervous smile as she disappeared into the jungle, away from him.

"So that's her?" Cody asked making Obi-Wan break out of his trance. He nodded as he looked to the Commander.

"That's her," He said with the hint of a smile. Elly continued to track through the jungles with Jegie and her group before they appeared at the back entrance of the Temple. It was only a few minutes before the droid had shift change-over and that was their opportunity to get in.

Elly watched as the droids turned away and began to march from the towers. The Temple was briefly defenseless and so Elly waved her hand forward, the group moved forward. Their footsteps light and quick as they slid through the door into the Temple.