CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY.

The next week was a slog for Elly but she felt okay. Even after what Obi-Wan had said and everything that had happened, she continued like normal. She knew that she had made it through worse and she needed to keep on track. Any day they could be sent on a mission and she could not afford to be off her game, the Council needed her and if they didn't need her, they would get rid of her. Mace Windu had made that very clear.

It was not a matter of what she wanted, it was a matter of survival most of the time. Though she had also found herself somewhat enjoying the return to familiarity. Early starts, lightsaber lessons, training, duelling, studying. It felt good, it felt familiar and spending more time with Obi-Wan helped it all feel better.

And that was exactly what she had done that day, spent all of her time with Obi-Wan. They had finished their training and duelling as well as meditation for the day but neither of them wanted to leave the other. They were both very aware of how much they enjoyed each other's company so when Elly suggested they return to her room, they went.

They both decided to study. Elly was tired but she knew that she had a few things to read up on so she dropped onto the bed with her datapad in her lap. She preferred the digital versions of the books while Obi-Wan sat at her desk with a book on the top.

He was wearing his reading glasses and he was working silently. He looked so studious but Elly tried her best not to get distracted. Her gaze refocused on the datapad and she managed to read a few pages before being distracted by him again. It was impossible to study while he was in the room. It would have bothered her if she didn't think he looked so adorable with his glasses on.

She opened her mouth to tease him but decided against it. Instead, she just watched him from her place on the bed. She watched the way his fingers scratched his beard unconsciously and how the sun shone off his ocean blue eyes. She could get lost in them and even though the glare of the glasses made it harder for her to see them, she could picture them perfectly in her mind. He was gorgeous.

He pretended not to notice what she was doing and just tried to read but he was of course, distracted by her gaze. He could feel it burning into the side of his face and despite his attempts to ignore it and the tug for attention across their bond, he couldn't..

"Come here," He said, abruptly looking up from the book. Elly furrowed her eyebrows but did little to question him. She dropped the datapad on the bed and walked over. She stood awkwardly beside him before he grabbed her hand. He tugged her to be sat beside him, placing her hand to rest against his shoulder. She leaned over his shoulder, her arm hooking very loosely around his neck.

Once he was sure she was comfortable, he pointed with his finger to a passage on meditation. She read over it and nodded, trying to decipher it and understand it. It was written in such an odd way but she knew what it was trying to say. She looked down at Obi-Wan who lifted his head up slightly to meet her gaze.