CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN.

After Elly fell asleep in Obi-Wan's room, he became her permanent safe space again. If either of them were having a rough night, they found each other. It was nice to return to that familiarity and Elly could feel herself healing the more and more time she spent with Obi-Wan.

That particular night, Elly had been fine and so had Obi-Wan. Neither had sought the other out so with the sun breaking across the horizon, Elly pulled her training gear on. She wasn't sure if Obi-Wan would be around yet or if he would be up to train her but she wanted to practise her lightsaber technique for a little bit with or without him.

With her training gear on, she grabbed a snack to keep her going from the mess hall. A few Jedi were lingering but Obi-Wan wasn't among them. So, she snacked on the apple as she headed into the training room. Her lightsaber hung loosely off her belt, a symbol to remind her that she was still the same Jedi she always had been.

It felt good to be invigorated and the more Elly thought, the more she realised that she felt like herself again. Actively choosing to train and enjoying it. Getting a snack and doing training before most people started the day was her routine before everything had gone wrong.

Back then, she would wake up early, practice in the training room and then meet her Padawan at breakfast. They would spent time together in the morning before her Padawan had classes in the afternoon. They would meet at dinner, talk, meditate if they wanted to and then return to their rooms with free time in the evening.

Elly had somehow slipped back into that old habit and it felt good. It felt familiar and she couldn't help but enjoy the newfound confidence in herself.

Once she was in the training room, she took her cloak off and flicked her lightsaber on. The orange lit up her face as she moved to the center of the room. It was only a few moves that she wanted to practice. Her lightsaber techniques were rusty, the theory had stuck in her mind well but she needed to put it into practice again.

Especially if she was going to be sent out into the field again. At some point, she heard the door to the training room open and she flicked her lightsaber off. It was Obi-Wan. She could feel that familiar Force presence. The comforting blue that had always enveloped him, growing stronger and more beautiful as he aged.

"Don't stop on my account," He said as they met gazes. The door whooshed closed behind him and she smiled. She flicked her lightsaber back on and turned her back to him again.

"I'm still rusty," Elly said as she began the practised moves again. To an outsider, she would look perfect. As if she was following the theory to a T but Elly could see the imperfections in what she was doing and she wanted to fix that.

"We should focus on technique then," Obi-Wan retorted from the bench. His gaze was fixed on her movements. The way she arched her lightsaber and the subtle flex of the muscles as she twisted her wrist.