Part 5

As the day went by , school had finished for the three girls.

"Oh, I hate my stepmother!" Sophie stated

"Same here, sister." Amelia said as she looked exhausted due to Denis attempts to get her to date him.

"Whoa, whoa. What?" Agatha said confused

"There's an opening at the factory where she works, so she is making us quit school to bring in more money." Sophie explained to Agatha while Amelia looked as if she might pass out.

"So I will quit too. Can she get me a job there with you guys?" Agatha said.

" And then what? We just fade into this town like everyone else? No, Aggie. Our mom said ''We're supposed to do something important.Something that matters." Amelia said as she grew frustrated with everyone in this town.

"So, we're leaving tonight." Sophie finished Amelia's sentence.

"Wait, Guys... you never even stepped foot outside of Gavaldon. You don't even know what's out there. None of us really do." Agatha looked so worried.

"That's the point. You know nothing can ever happen to us as long as we're stuck here. I can't settle for an ordinary life. Neither can Sophie. We won't." Amelia said as both her sister and herself walked away from their best friend.

The sisters sat on the grass followed by their best friend. All the girls looked miserable.

"Hey, look. Remember?"Agatha asked Sophie as she took out the crown she had made for her since they were kids.

Amelia sometimes felt left out. Even though they all were friends, She always felt out of hand. In some cases different from the other two.

"Yeah, I found it in my attic last week. See? You already did something that matters. You both did." Agatha says as she faces both Sophie and Amelia.

"The day you both became my friend. Please, I can't handle this place without you. I'll talk to your mom and dad, and I'll tell them how unfair this is. I'll call you both the Queens of Gavaldon. I will even let you give me a makeover." Aggie said, making a chuckle pass by Amelia.

" Just please don't go." Agatha looked at the two girls sitting in front of her with sad eyes.

"Okay." they both exclaimed.

"You promise." Agatha said.

"We promise." The three girls laughed and hugged it out.

— time skip to the tree—

'It was at that moment Sophie and Amelia decided they were beyond wishing for their lives to magically improve.'

'It was time to take charge of their destiny. Even if it meant breaking the promise they'd made to their best and only friend.'

"We're so sorry, Aggie." Amelia and Sophie looked at each other and nodded before walking away from the tree.

'But some wishes are simply too powerful to take back.'

As the two girls walked into the darkness of the night. They reached the sign of Gavaldon, but before they passed it someone was running towards them.

"You were gonna run away after all?" Agatha gave a stare to both girls.

"Aggie, I'm sorry." Sophie started

In the distance there was a sound." What was that?" Agatha asked in fright.

"The red sky. It's happening." Amelia said in excitement, causing Agatha to look at her in a weird way.

Amelia, Sophie, and Agatha saw a creature with red eyes in a small distance. Curiosity got to both girls while their friend was afraid.

Agatha tried to convince the girls to leave but Amelia was so fascinated that she didn't pay attention to the conversation anymore. The beast came jumping and dragging both Amelia and Sophie away.

" Sophie, Amelia." Was all that the girls heard the screams of their friend. The girl shouted with much joy as they had the time of their lives being drag by a mysterious creature.

But all that stopped when they friend caught up and jumped to reach for their hands. "Aggie, please let go."

"No way! I'm never letting go!" Agatha screamed. And with that the beast let them go.

"No, no. No, Aggie, what was happening was a good thing."Sophie tried to convince her friend.

"I'm sorry, guys, but I... I couldn't take that chance. I can't let anything bad happen to you." Agatha told the girls.

"Yeah, we know." Amelia said. The wind started to move the leaves.

Out of nowhere two giant birds came and took the girls. One took both Sophie and Agatha and the other took Amelia. They passed through the red clouds and then entered a portal. That ended up turning into a beautiful image of mountains.

Amelia let out a scream of joy as she saw the schools. As she got close she saw Agatha being dropped at the school of good and Sophie dropped at the school of evil.

Amelia thought she would be dropped at the school for good, but ends up heading to a different direction.

"No, no. I'm supposed to go to the school of good bir–." but as soon as Amelia could finish her sentence. The bird dropped her and she landed on top of someone in the lake.

Once she came up from the water gasping for air. She felt arms on her waist and heard coughing. She  turn around and saw  a boy without a shirt.