5 | for the rest of your life

"Today marks our first day as an official group! So it only makes sense to introduce ourselves..." Your teacher smiled, nodding his head along with his words with shut eyes before he opened them hastily, pointing a dramatic thumb toward himself.

"I'm Might Guy! But since I'm your teacher..." He smiled wide, his thumb being directed toward the group of you now. "You will call me Guy Sensei!"

You stared, fingers tapping at your knees as you look to your left, the one with brown hair sat, straight-faced and unimpressed, you recognized him as Neji - then to your right, Lee looked a lot more endeared at the introduction. So much so, he stood to be next with introductions.

"I am Rock Lee! I enjoy - no, I love to train! I also love various other things!" He snuck a sneaky glance toward his group before looking back at his teacher. "There is not much I do not enjoy!" After his hearty introduction, silence filled the air, eyes falling onto you and your teammate beside you.

Neji eyed you, arm resting on top of the seat before he sighed. It looked like you wouldn't budge. "I am Neji Hyuga, of the Hyuga clan." - should you introduce your clan after saying your last name to me? - "I like it when people don't bother me. And I dislike when they do." You blinked side eyeing him at his response before you decided it was your turn.

"I'm [Firstname] [Lastname]." You thought for a moment, thinking of what you enjoyed so much you were willing to share it. "I like to tell people what ghost follows them around." You decided, it was a memory from a while ago - back in your second year of the academy, you would tell people what kind of ghost acted as a guardian angel for them. Lee had a chihuahua, that was the first time you'd ever seen something like that. Another girl in your class - TenTen, had a legendary weapon user beside her. Well, they claimed to be legendary, but you had zero clue who it was. It branched out to other classes, Naruto already knew his parents followed him around.

But an interesting one was Kiba Inazuka, a boy with brown hair. He was so eager to come up to you, but his guardian was a little terrifying. It really did look like a stereotypical ghost, but you didn't have the heart to tell him that. So instead, you told him his guardian was a cute girl who liked dogs. You weren't sure whether you regretted saying it or not, seeing as he smiled and went around boasting. You decided you wouldn't tell anyone whose theirs were after that. But still, it was nice, having people come up to you.

"And I dislike library fees." That was something you could definitely say you didn't like, it wasn't that you got caught with the book you had taken a while back - no, that was still the only book you had on your bookshelf at home. But you had checked out a different book since then, something about how to cook cheap homemade meals. You had completely forgotten you checked it out, and the meals you made with it weren't all that great. The fee you had wracked up was more than you could afford, and you ended up with no food for a good two weeks until Kushina had convinced you to go to the hokage for help. But you thought he'd be a stingy man, seeing as he had someone from his own village living in the same conditions as you.

Guy nodded, hand on his chin as he took in mind all the things you three had said. Typical kid stuff, he assumed. Though, it definitely seemed some of them had some problems.

"I see... All very unique students I have... As of today, you are all Genin. So now tell me, why have you done it? What is your goal?"

"I'd rather not say..." Neji responded, leaning further into his seat, eyes trained toward the floor. He was selling the mysterious act, or he was just secretive you supposed.

"I can answer this, Sensei!" Lee shot his arm up, standing onto his tippy toes. "It is to prove that I can be as good of a ninja as any! Even without Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, I will prove it to the entire shinobi world!" As a response to the farfetched declaration, the boy next to him laughed - trigging an immediate reaction.