58 | ambushed!

Skipping the city would be the smartest thing to do after you just ran away from the five kage summit. You had no doubt that Madara would have mentioned you in his plans for war, which probably got a bounty over your head that was higher than your bank account. Well, surpassing your bank account wasn't a hard thing to do, but that was the example here.

But it seemed whoever was in town had different ideas, Diaval kept yapping in your ear about how you were being followed. It didn't help to get you moving faster, if anything, it had you stumbling to run through the snow.

'There's one, wait no, two... Hold on, three—or actually, four people following you.'

"Four?!" You repeated exasperatedly, by the sounds of it, they were catching up fast. "What do I do?!"

'Uh,' Diaval went silent for a moment. 'Duck.' Was his piece of advice, and you didn't waste any time in lowering your head to avoid the kunai that barely missed the top of your head.

You nearly lost your balance, the snow making it hard to regain traction. There was the crunching of snow behind you, and then you were slammed into ground. It had to be one of the things in your life that had caught you off guard enough to make you let out a noise. There was a big hand around your neck, and a knee behind your back.

'Womp, womp. Too slow.' Diaval spoke to you as your face pressed against the snow, it was slowly melting away.

"There, I've got her, lord Raikage." Someone's smooth, calm voice spoke.

"Hold her there, Darui!" Another louder voice called out, "I'll deal the finishing blow on her."

That didn't leave any room for questions behind these people's intentions, if slamming you into the ground wasn't telling enough, then the threat of your life was. Even after finding out that you were practically immortal thanks to Diaval, the concept of dying was still a bit scary.

"Shouldn't we question her first, or something? Of all people that Madara let go, it's her after all." The guy that held your throat said. It was too bad he was holding you from this angle, so you couldn't look at what was happening.

"She's Killer Bees murderer! That's all we need to know!" The Raikage answered. You could hear the collective buildup of lighting cracking behind you. Being electrocuted to death was probably one of your various deaths as of this far, but it wasn't as if death got less painful every time you went through it. You weren't sure how to go about this scenario, pleading for them to let you go wouldn't work. But just sitting there and taking it seemed like the wussy way out. They would forget you completely once they did kill you, and would probably leave you there, so it wouldn't be too bad to let them get away with murder...

But even your silence seemed to sit wrong with him. "She's not going to say anything, huh?" The Raikage spoke as he got closer. "Well, I guess there's nothing to say. She's gonna die!"

"Hold on," There came a calm voice that made you attempt to perk your head up, but the only thing that came from it was the hand around your neck tightening further. They weren't playing around here. You didn't need to turn your head to tell that it was Kakashi that called out for the Raikage to give you a moment. Though, Kakashi being your savior here was a bit unexpected.

The man that held you down looked past his shoulder, and toward Kakashi. "Hey, Lord Raikage. That's Kakashi Hatake, of the Sharingan." He spoke, confirming to you who it was who had appeared.

"Come on, even I know that." The Raikage answered. "What I don't know, is why he stopped me." He didn't sound too pleased, and you couldn't blame him. In his eyes, you were his brother's murderer. In which a way, you were. You would know how it felt to lose a sister. And a brother. And multiple at that. Even a smooth talker like Kakashi wouldn't get him to forgive you for that, if you were in his shoes, you'd want vengeance as well.