43 | a true ninja!

"Have you seen a boy," Your sister pointed around her hair. "With kinda wavy hair... Black eyes..." "About this tall—" Your sister measured her hand a good distance up. "Around?"

The one she asked was silent before he fumed. "You son of a bitch! You could at least put my head back on before you ask me questions I don't care about!"

"Oh, right..." Your sister helped Hidans body up, propping him against the wall as she reattached his head. "So... What happened?"

It took Hidan exactly three seconds before he was yelling in her face. "That boy you were talking about left me headless! And somehow that thing killed Kakuzu!" He was pretty angry. "Even worse, he took the girl that I got fair and square! I told the boss I retrieved her!"

Your sister's heart dropped—that wasn't good news at all. "And... This girl was... Alive?" She asked hopefully.

Hidan seemed to loosen up for a second before he fumed. "You know I don't show mercy on anyone! She was as dead as she could possibly be!"

He calmed himself with a sigh. He could at least try to be nicer to kids. "She was gonna be fine when we transferred the dragon thing to her anyway." He put a hand on his head, shrugging.

[Sister] sweatdropped, putting a hand on her head. "This is bad..." She sighed. "That dude I had a major crush, and Uchihas love to hate." She looked toward the floor, the bloodied floor. She couldn't help but cringe when looking at Kakuzus state.

"He tore out all of his hearts, huh?" She pointed out. "He's a lot stronger than I thought...

Hidan twisted and rubbed his neck, letting out a groan at the phantom pain before he looked down at his partner. A part of him felt bad, seeing as his presumably immortal partner was pronounced dead. Killed right beside him. And that other...

"I guess he did! I always told Kakuzu that he was the easiest to kill between us!" Hidan howled with laughter,  hitting your sister on the back with the hilarity of it. "And he said he wouldn't because he was too talented and strong unlike me... But whose alive and who isn't?!" He burst out laughing again, slapping [Sister] on the back even harder, she actually stumbled forward at the force of it.

"It isn't that damn funny! Stop slapping me!" She fumed, looking back at him with a hand trying to reach her upper back.

"Found them." Neji's quiet voice filled the ears of only two people.

"Good job, Neji. I knew you could do it." Lee responded to him, brows furrowed and face serious.

"Now all that's left is luring him out... But it seems someone else got to [Firstname] before us." Shikamaru observed. "But that's our guy, he's the one that killed her."

Lee and Neji nodded in understanding. They heard the same thing too, they had been around for a while. Long enough to see your sister reattach the man's head and walk it off as if it were nothing. Immortality was definitely a tricky ability to best—but it didn't matter.

If he can't die... Living in agony for the rest of eternity is even better. Neji shook his head, shutting his eyes. Calm yourself, Hyuga...

"I bet you guys were nervous, huh?" A smile. "You were thinking you wouldn't advance to the next stage..."  That was when you woke up hours after you were pronounced dead. You were cold, your heart wasn't beating, and you weren't breathing. Yet you woke up.

Neji put a hand over his head, he could nearly form a headache thinking about it. You were dead, even a civilian could tell when everything added up. So then how did you open your eyes as if you only woke from a deep sleep? He wasn't sure who took you, but you might have been alive.