38 | feelings over reason

"So you two know each other?" You asked, eyes flickering between the two. Your grip around the cat you held grew tighter. Deidara looked at you—that meant you should know him, or not being blonde was no excuse to forget about him!

Well, he did knock you out before you could get the chance to see him.

"What kind of question..." The blonde shook his head. "Obviously not! You don't know me, but I know you! And that cat." He smiled, lifting up his hand. Which had a mouth. Which was honestly, very creepy.

"Ah... That makes me feel pretty popular." You turned your head to discreetly smile.

"Hmmm... Deidara, I think you're only flattering her!" The masked one pointed out, turning to look at his teammate. "I knew you liked to talk to yourself!"

Deidaras eyebrows twitched, his expression coming over in anger.

"I wouldn't be so sure of yourself if I were you." He pointed at you. "I keep finding you in a pair of two, you're like a bout of good luck for everyone but yourself." He grinned and you rose a brow.

"It's risky taking the two Jinchuuriki of the Leaf, but if were far from the leaf right now, it shouldn't be a problem, hmm?"

"My friend taught me all about lame-ass types. You fit the bill so well, I'm sure I'd remember you." You finally stood to your feet, back turned to them—Shikamaru was the one who told you the image of the lame-ass type. Blonde, blue eyes, and rather short. Which matched the exact description of the Akatsuki guy in front of you.

The masked one, a few steps ahead of the blonde one, laughed—bringing his hands up to cover his already covered mouth. It did well to piss the blonde off, his eyebrows immediately furrowing. "What's so damn funny?!" He yelled, stepping up and wrapping his hands around the masked ones throat. "You need to learn how to shut up, Tobi! I've had enough of you!"

His grip was tight, he had full intention of strangling his teammate. "Sorry! Sorry, Deidara!" The masked one plead, his shaky hands attempting to pry off his teammates.

"I would've been better off with that stupid Uchiha brat the other brat summoned!" Deidara fumed, strengthening his grip. "I'm just surrounded by brats, hmm!"

"B-but...! You're nearly the same age!" Tobi pointed out. "Doesn't that make you a brat, too?"

"THE ONLY BRAT AROUND HERE IS YOU!" The only thing that provoked Deidara in letting go with a fast-approaching Naruto, actually, three Narutos. They were working together to perform a Jutsu, with wasted efforts. Deidara jumped away, and Tobi took comedic steps back.

You thought about what he said a few moments prior, a brat that summoned a brat. If by brat he meant anyone younger than himself, then that could be... You snapped out of your thoughts given the loud sound of impact being made.

Narutos jutsu fell short of the bushes behind them, where Sakura and Shikamaru were. It was probably a good thing Naruto was only half-way through with his training, it could've ended a lot worse.

Shikamaru and Sakura peaked their heads out of the bushes they hid in—confirming their location before the hid back inside. Shikamaru sweatdropped, getting a good look at Narutos face up close. Red eyes, rugged whiskers, and a snarl. Yeah, this was out of Shikamaru's caliber. Why were they all out here again? Oh, right... It was supposed to be a much easier mission, with no Akatsuki involved... Catch a suspicious guy that ended up being a cat, and all would end well. But this... Wasn't very well.