7 | what you feel

Guy Sensei had quickly come to the realization that you weren't able to afford your own meals. So that's why he'd go out of his way to take his team out to lunch any chance he got. It was something new each time, this time, he had chosen a family-friendly bar - he'd sit at the bar, maybe spoil himself with a drink or two as he watched over his team at a nearby table. For the most part, it was going well.

Neji had already looked through the menu, so now he sat silent, staring at his water like it was the most interesting thing in the world before Lee began to speak. "Hmm. I must say, everything looks super delicious." He said, humming thoughtfully. Ever since Might Guy had suggested he get a bowl cut, those two became nothing short of father and son. You initially thought it'd look stupid, but it suited Lee - no matter how much you'd miss his old hair.

"I agree." You nodded, looking through the menu for your 3rd time. The place offered a variety of spicy dishes - spicy just so happened to be your favorite. It probably had to be because it was the closest thing to a fire. "I think I'll go with [dish]..." You mumbled.

Lee nodded before looking up at Neji, "What will you be choosing my great rival?" He asked, making the Hyuga tilt his head slightly. He had chosen what had to be the only dish on the menu that wasn't spicy - Neji happened to have a particular intolerance of spice.

"I'm getting a salad..." He answered, almost embarrassed. "It's cheaper. The Hyugas have a sense of modesty. Besides 'spice' doesn't suit my tastes." He excused. You and Lee shared a look, smiling. The both of you knew that wasn't true, Neji would just about faint if the taste of spice touched his tongue.

"I see." Lee nodded, smiling. "I think I will get the curry!" He decided. It came as no surprise, Lee would always look through menus a few times before always deciding to get a curry if the restaurant offered it. Maybe you'd be like that, too - if it weren't for the fact that you were flat broke, maybe you wouldn't appreciate every meal that you were offered.

Once everything was ordered, Lee forgot to order a drink. He asked Neji for a sip of his, but he was shut down quickly - he'd ask you for a sip of yours, but he knew how much you savored every little thing when it came to meals. So that left him with one choice, asking his good Sensei, Guy.

When Lee had asked for a sip of Might Guys drink, the answer was an immediate yes. Guy gave a lot to his students - like a father neither three had. He had gotten a cup of sake, but he assumed that and his cup of water was something Lee differentiate. That was his biggest mistake yet - when Lee hiccuped, Guy was quick to open his eyes. His student blushing was nothing new, Lee blushed all the time.

You and Neji were oblivious to Guys predicament, too busy enjoying your meals. You suffered in the longest silence of your life while Lee was away and you were waiting for your meal. But once it got there, it was great. Well, it was great, committing every taste to memory as you did every meal - but whatever joy you were experiencing came to a halt when someone managed to destroy the entire table. You were devastated, staring at your meal on the floor - if it weren't for the fact the plate had shattered with it, you might have just eaten it anyway.

"Lee? What are you-" Neji's voice was interrupted.

"What're you lookin' at!?" Lee asked loudly, getting into a weird stance. "It's rude to stare... Especially when I can barely tell you're starin'!" It was true, Neji's eyes did leave you confused about what he was looking at all the time.  He then looked at you, but before he can spew off whatever he wanted to, Guy stepped up behind the two of you.

"I can't believe it.. My own student is a master of the Drunken Fist!" His voice was prideful, but you don't think he should have been. After all, the cost for restoring a destroyed table was high. Oh and, you had no idea what a Drunken Fist was.