19 | haunted cliff of konoha

You had been knocked unconscious for weeks, with the resealing of Diaval, and having fallen from so high, you were in less than lovely conditions. You missed the Hokages funeral, not that it was really something you were hoping to attend. But when you came too, it'd surely stress you about your rent.

Through your unconsciousness, you sat infront of Diaval. A frown on your face with your arms crossed. It was a given you were unhappy with them, but staring for so many hours was a bit much. It was enough to make even Diaval— the one that had gone on such a big rampage on the one-tailed beast, nervous. Not to mention the bars they were behind had them even more cramping than before.

"You're never coming out of this shitty room ever again." You huffed, glaring at them. It was like an owner scolding their dog. "You went way beyond that ten minute mark you promised! And you knocked Naruto out!? Come on!" Diaval was silent, shutting their eyes in an attempt to ignore you.

Though, being stuck in this place for so long was wearing your patience thin so you continued. "Now that we're here.. I'll make sure to use all your Chakra! I don't care about any repercussions!" Diaval huffed, their eyes finally opening to look at you. You had stepped closer.

"I don't care what you do. That'll only kill you; and I don't plan on reviving you again." They scoffed. "I don't regret attacking— but I wish I could've done more." They sighed, "Like kill the one-tails and the nine tails!"

"Fat chance you would've done that! Don't over estimate yourself!" You scowled. "I'd personally beat you up right now if I could!"

"Maybe you're the one overestimating yourself." Diaval chucked.

"Shut up!!" You could tell now that Neji was right about you being irritable. "You made me look stupid!" You whined, thinking back on the memories you had been given after they were resealed. "You really thought you looked cool!"

"It wasn't about acting cool, you wouldn't get it.

You put your hands on your hips. "Now you just sound like you want to be mysterious; I thought dragons were supposed to be cool, and I got stuck with the biggest wanna-be!" Diaval listened as you continued with a few more insults. Many more hours had passed of you yelling whatever came to mind as Diaval sat and listened. They were annoyed, but they didn't regret that battle for a second. They'd just get you to come around again and let them free.

"Don't think you'll ever be free again, I don't care whats happening in the moment! Talking about this body is all mine, seriously..." They could see you grit your teeth. "Your power is all mine, you're the idiot dragon that taught me how to kill dragons! And you wanna call the tailed-beasts stupid..."

Diaval chuckled. "I still think they are, along with you... You have no clue what I'm capable of."

"Stop trying to make yourself sound mysterious!!"

A lot of people had visited you throughout your time of unconsciousness, though the one who had visited most was a little unexpected. When you had woken up, you saw Neji. Who had his own eyes shut before he quickly opened them at the feeling of your chakra flaring to life.

"Oh, Neji..." You began, voice hoarse as you sat up slowly. His eyes followed you, he knew the first thing he should have done was alert the nurses that you were finally awake, but he wanted to talk to you. Afterall, it had been weeks since he spoke to you, and the last time you had the two of you were more than passive-aggressive toward each other. And for you, it was only a few days through your unconscious time skip.