❶❻

I take a deep breath before opening the club room door.

Megamo sits at the large desk at the end of the room, typing on his laptop with a pile of papers at his side. He spares me a quick glance before stopping his typing to stretch.

"What is it that you need, L/N?" He asks.

"Well, I finished up at the light music club and needed to know what club you wanted me to help with for cleanup time." I explain as he looks at the ceiling in deep thought.

"I have a team set up for the auditorium, but the cooking club might need help in preparation for tomorrow, L/N." Megamo answers and I nod.

"After that, you are free to return home. And for your sake, I suggest you find someone to accompany you there. I would if I didn't have council president work." He states and I smile.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then!" I exclaim, waving as I leave the club room.

"Wait." He orders and I stop immediately, even though one foot was already planted in the hallway. I slowly turn around, his eyes being much warmer than his tone.

"I want to apologize for what happened last week. My intention was just to tease you about the circumstances and I took it too far." He slowly rises up from the desk. Instead of getting closer, he only goes in front of the desk and leans back on it. It's only then that I can get a clearer view of the relaxed cream cable-knit sweater and jeans that he now wore.

Huh, he changed out of his uniform...

"I understand what I did really impacted you and I hope we can continue to be friendly with each other." His gaze rises from the floor to meet mine and I take a deep breath.

He looks so...sincere.

"I accept your apology, Saiko. But next time, you don't have to go so far as to do that. Just confront me about it straight out and in a relaxed tone, just like you're apologizing to me right now." I add in as he nods with a small smile.

"Thank you, I'll note that for next time, though I hope there won't be one." He replies as he does one last stretch before going back behind his desk.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning, L/N." He dismisses me and I wave goodbye before leaving the club room and sliding the door closed behind me. I begin my walk downstairs to the cooking clubroom.

And it looks like we're 3/3, so I guess that wasn't much of my fault in the end. I even managed to set my boundaries with Megamo in case there's something else that comes up in the future.

Just imagine how he would've reacted if he saw the improv performance...

Maybe I shouldn't.

I shake my head, walking through the clubroom door. Miyu looks at me like I'm his saving grace, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"I have to go check on my little sister, could you please, please, please, dry off dishes?" He pleads with me and I quickly nod.

"No problem!" I say as he quickly hands me a towel, profusely thanking me before he runs out of the club room. I head over to the sink, standing next to Amao who's washing. I give him a small hip bump before reaching into the sink and starting to dry off some newly washed silverware.

"So how was the day here?" I ask as Amao lets out a huge breath.

"It was definitely a long one, and it's still not over. We just finished counting all of the money we made from drinks. Tsuburaya and Senoyaka have been doing food prep for tomorrow for at least the past 45 minutes. I did at least manage to catch a small break this afternoon." He sighs, stretching up before going back to washing. I sort the silverware I dried.