"Hey, are you okay Amao?" I ask and he nods slowly.

"Just fine Y/N." He looks over to me with a small smile.

"Hey, guess what?" I ask him, at an attempt to cheer him up.

I was going to let it be a surprise, but I'd much rather have him be happier now I guess...

"What?" He asks tiredly. I smile at him, poking his cheek.

"Well, I get to help you out this afternoon!" I answer happily as a smile makes it's way onto his face.

"Really? That's great!" He says, turning to me. He sighs with a lot less negativity, leaning his head on my shoulder. I rest my head atop his, this moment sort of feeling like a reboot to get me ready for today.

"Hey, you two can enjoy a date later, but right now it's class time." The teacher says, motioning at me and Amao as he quickly leans away from me. The whole class turns back to look at us and my face flushes. I laugh nervously as the students slowly turn to the front again while quietly laughing.

As long as Amao's feeling better, I guess I can take the embarrassment.

I sigh and start taking notes, finding myself doing a lot more doodling in the margins as the teacher drones on.

In it lies pencil and pen swirls and stars, blue pen on the right side and pencil on the left.

Wait.

I look over to the right at Osano who is staring at the teacher and holding a blue pen. I roll my eyes with a smile, finding the will to listen to the teacher halfway.

After what feels like 3 years, the bell rings to start the one hour lunch period. I quickly get up, closing my notebook and stuffing it into my backpack. I sling it over my shoulder and walk out alongside Amao and Osano.

"So, how is your student council job thing going so far?" Osano asks, striking up a conversation.

"Pretty good! I got to help out Kizano earlier with some line rehearsing, but that was it." I say shrugging as Amao lets out a breath and perks up almost instantly, probably at the reminder of us getting to spend time together.

"It's kinda weird with how my daily duties work compared to everyone else. Also, I'm not really all that in favor of wearing white..." I reply, trailing off.

I feel like I'm gonna destroy it every moment.

One bad lunch choice and its over.

"On the really bright side, it's cool that I can wear cute accessories to make it my style." I motion to my candy cane striped socks and red and white ribbon choker.

"L/N!" A voice calls out to me as someone grabs my wrist quickly and starts dragging me in a complete opposite direction.

And there my normal routine goes.

One second into this change and I already don't like this.

"Saiko?" I look up at him as he brings me into the student council clubroom. He closes the door behind me, sighing and running a hand through his hair. He looks...torn between a decision, and a bit stressed out.

"What exactly were you doing in the drama club this morning?" He asks me sternly as I feel extremely on the spot, even though we're alone.

He takes a step torwards me.

...Awfully close, aren'tcha?

He keeps walking torwards me as I walk backwards. His stare pierces through my gaze as my back hits the wall.

Just great.

Well, looks like there's no escaping this conversation now...

He continues walking torwards me, until he leans his arm against the wall. His face is near mine as my face flushes red and feels as hot as an oven.

SIR-

A soft kabedon?

Now what are you pulling this out for?

"You didn't answer the question..." Megamo reminds, trailing off. I look up at him and meet his eyes for a moment before quickly looking away again.

Why is he doing this?

Does he know what he's doing?

He has to.

What even is this little game we're playing?

"We were rehearsing a scene for part of the morning because he was having a hard time visualizing it." I manage to explain. Even with my back against the wall, he still manages to grow closer. Our faces are inches apart at this point.

"Really? Cause it seemed like such an intimate exchange..." He whispers to me softly, his breath tickling my face.

Hmm...

Minty...

Hold on.

You're way too close if I can smell your breath.

"That's it. We were just rehearsing a play scene, since Kizano needed help with the lines." I reply to him, fold my arms over my chest. He looks slightly taken aback at my growing confidence.

Its only my first day, and I'm already about to get kicked out of council...

FOR DOING MY JOB.

I'm not the one in the wrong here.

"Just next time, don't be as close as you both were earlier and as we are right now." Megamo reminds, making me aware that we were almost chest to chest with our foreheads touching.

This was just to prove a point?

I think my head is spinning...

He finally pulls away from me with a smile.

"Thats all I wanted to tell you. Enjoy your lunch." He pats me on the head like a child before leaving out of the clubroom.

My emotions...

After internally screaming and calming myself down, I finally gather myself enough to leave the club room. I make a brisk walk to the cherry blossom tree, where Osano, Aso, and Amao are sitting.

They're all here this time...

Well, lets get this story out of the way while I'm thinking about it.

"Okay, so I have a story for you guys..." I say, taking a seat infront of the three.

"Is it the story I think it is?"

"Ooh, Y/N backstory time!"

"Now what story do you have to tell?"

I give a look of 'if you don't shut up I will make you' to Osano before starting.