Everyone in the class groans of boredom as we began to set up. Then the class decides on just splitting all of us right down the middle for teams.

"This should be fun!" I say while cracking my knuckles to gear myself up.

After studying abroad and having gym class with a bunch of Americans, this is gonna be a breeze.

The teacher blew the whistle and the game quickly began. Mainly the boys got all of the dodgeballs and started aiming and firing. Hikitsuri jumped out of the way of a ball and I heard a loud smack behind me followed by a groan of pain.

"Byoga is out. 8 people remaining on the left." Mr. Taiso yells.

~

Another ball whizzes past my face and hits the wall with a loud 'smack'. I look straight across from me and Dadaiyama stands there with a satisfied grin.

I pick up the dodgeball and throw it at him. He dodges and it ends up hitting Amao in the face.

Oooh I know that was rough, sorry bro.

"Amao is out. 3 and 2 left standing." The teacher yells. I look around and see Ren in the back picking up a dodgeball. She throws it at Soma and she catches it.

Crap.

Soma brings Dubidu back into the game. Dubidu picks up a ball and throws it at me. I catch the ball and bring Hikitsuri back in.

I give Hikitsuri the dodgeball and she throws it at Soma to get him out again. I throw a nearby dodgeball at Soma then it hits his chest and he goes out. To get Dadaiyama, I throw a ball high up and then right at his foot while he's distracted.

Osano throws the ball at Hikitsuri and she ends up out again.

Damnit, 1v1.

Time to pull out that old trick again, but it'll be stronger this time.

Osano looks at me, his confidence slightly faltering as he looks around for a ball. On his side, there's only the one in his hand and one practically at the other end of the gym.

"Hey, y'know, I think we could end this in a tie if we agree to throw at the same time." He attempts to reason with me as I quickly put on an act.

Ah, I love opportunities like this.

He practically just gave it to me.

"Oh geez, but you owe me for this cause you know I would've won." I shrug as he grabs his ball and steps closer to the midline. Half of our classmates groan in annoyance and the other half are skeptical, with good reason.

I'm sorry, but this must be done.

How does he not see it coming?

"3, 2..." We both wind up at each other, him getting himself fired up in an instant.

*What a dummy.*

"1." He quickly shoots the ball at me and I bend backwards, the ball barely missing me.

Is my brain playing battle music right now?