Your P.O.V

First day here, what could go wrong? Just have to play it cool. Yeah, play it cool.

l walk through the doors of Akademi High, clutching the strap of my crossbody bag. I look at the locker numbers as I walk.

The numbers aren't too far from what mine is. Or at least what I remember from the email. Maybe I should check it again...

The feeling of crashing into someone quickly brings me out of my thoughts.

So much for a good first impression...

The person who bumped into me grabs my wrist to stop me from hitting the floor.

Why're you even running through the halls anyway?!

"Hey watch where you-"

WATCH WHERE IM GOING?! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BUMPED INTO ME!

He stops at the beginning of what felt was going to become a rant, looking over me.

Orange hair...orange eyes...polka-dot hair tie?

Okay, maybe he was right to say he looks better in person.

"Y/N?" He continues to inspect me as a smile grows on my face.

"Hiya, Osano." I greet him before we embrace into a tight hug.

I've missed this, this human contact from him.

"Its been forever!" We both exclaim happily. I finally find my locker and change out my shoes, fumbling with the laces so I can hurry up and talk to him.

"How've you been? It's been a while since we last talked over the phone." He rubs the nape of his neck and shrugs.

"I've been doing pretty good here! Y'know, just the usual with school and stuff." He replies.

"C'mon, haven't joined any clubs or anything?" I ask and he shakes his head. We quickly pass the other students on the stairs, them looking at us and probably wondering who I even am in the first place.

"Not really. I guess I haven't found one that fits. I've been pretty preoccupied with other jobs and stuff, like babysitting, and working at the library." He casually mentions as I gasp exaggeratedly.

"You never told me you worked at the library!" I exclaim, punching him on the arm lightly.

"It's not like you need to know *everything* about me!" He retorts and crosses his arms.

"What class are you even in, while you've just been following me." We both stop near the workshop. Osano leans on the wall and I balance my bag on my knee. I fish for and eventually pull out my schedule.

"Class 2-1." I fold the paper back up, sticking it in the front pocket of my bag so I'll be able to find it next time I need it.

"That's perfect! We have the same class!"He motions for me to follow him as we continue down the hallway.

As he leads me to our class, I find myself glancing around at the classmates we passed and recognizing most of them. It's so weird. Everyone looks so different but at the same time looks just like they did before.

Once Osano takes me to our class, he helps me find my desk. Coincidentally, his desk is right next to mine. I settle down into my chair as his phone rings.

"Oh, I'm getting a call! I'll be right back!" Osano quickly waves and exits the classroom.

As I dig into my bag in an attempt to search for my phone, two hands rest on my shoulders. I look upwards, being met with light brown hair and a bright smile.

"Amao!" I exclaim before quickly getting up out of my seat. We throw our arms around eachother, him slightly lifting me off of the ground. He spins me around, both of us laughing.

"I didn't know you were back!" He says excitedly.

"I just got back two days ago! I had to spend those days getting ready for school and settling back in though..." I explain as the teacher walks in followed by a third year student.

We all sit down quickly, me between Amao and Osano in the last row. I look up at the third year, who smirks at me and winks.

Jesus, he's cocky but I honestly can't blame him.

He has ruby red eyes and short dark brown hair. Instead of wearing the normal school uniform, he's wearing an outfit similar to the teachers with a black blazer and black dress pants. Under the blazer, he wears a white button-down with the top 3 buttons undone and a simple red ribbon choker.

The teacher approaches the podium as the third year leans on the chalkboard.

"Hello students, I'm Rino Fukahari, your teacher for this semester. I am qualified to teach all subjects, so that is exactly what I'll do. You will be in here except for extracurriculars and P.E." She explains before moving aside.

The third year steps up to the podium and whispering rises from the group of girls near the front. He gives them a soft smile, making them giggle and eventually quiet down.

"Hello. I'm your teacher's assistant, Mido Rana. I'll be here about 3 days a week observing and teach a lesson every once in a while. When I'm not here, I'm in class 3-1 if any of you ever need to find me." He introduces, his eyes focusing in and off of me constantly, leaving me mostly staring down at my hands while he talked.

I wonder who else is here...

Guess I'll find out at lunch.

I take out my notebook and pens, focusing back on the teacher.

~

The sound of the bell ringing snaps me out of my thoughts. I look to see everyone gone and then quickly gather my things in a hurry.

I hear footsteps approaching my desk and look up, face to face with Rana.

"L/N Y/N, right?" He asks and I nod.

He sorta looks familiar...

"We were neighbors before you went abroad." He reminds as I do my best to remember back.

That kid I had to explain how to use the monkey bars to when he was a year above me in primary school?

That idiot is a teacher's assistant? There's no way...

"Well, if you haven't moved, we're still neighbors." His face practically lights up.

"That's great! I'll have to have you over for dinner sometime then." He replies. Osano peeks his head in through the doorway, motioning for me to hurry it up.

"That's so sweet, I'll have to take you up on that." I say, zipping up my bag as a sign that I need to go.

We wave to each other before I leave class, shutting the door behind me. Once I get out, I can see Amao and Osano standing by the door waiting for me.

"What took you so long, idiot?" Osano asks and I shrug it off.

"Oh nothing! I'm neighbors with the teachers assistant is all." I reply. Amao looks at his watch and quickly grabs my hand, running down the flights of stairs. Osano yells at us, doing his best to follow close behind.

"Where are we going?" I manage to ask in between huffs and puffs.

Maybe I should exercise more often, my lungs...

"To meet everyone else of course! We're meeting on the courtyard." He smiles and continues to drag me down the stairway.