❶❸

"Morning Y/N," Amao says flatly.

"Morning Amao." I reply happily. Osano walks in a moment behind me, Amao greeting him in the same tone.

"Breakfast should be ready in a minute. While you wait, could I talk to you, alone?" He asks me as I nod.

Finally.

He walks towards the door and I follow him closely. He closes the door behind me and before I know it, he has his arms wrapped around me in a tight hug. He rests his chin on top of my head and takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for freaking out on you last week. It was uncalled for. I'm not mad or disappointed in you, so please don't worry about me carrying any negative feelings. I don't have control over your decisions or anything, especially who you end up choosing. But, I hope you'll forgive me?" He asks as I nod.

Who I end up choosing? Hold up-

He's not thinking I like Megamo like that right?

I mean he's pretty hot but-

As soon as the last thought crosses my mind, my face flushes with heat.

"Of...Of course! Uh... I...accept your apology!" I quickly say to pull myself out of my wandering thoughts. He gives me one last squeeze before pulling back. After that, he's back to his usual cheery self, making me feel a whole lot better too.

"I do want to ask though, what were you two doing?" He asks and I look away in embarassment.

I'd honestly like to know too.

"He was just asking me some questions...He likes to tease me a tad." I explain after quickly thinking up that half-lie. I give him a small laugh and he shoots me a smile.

"Ah, okay. Just know that I'll always be here for you when you need me Y/N." He says, causing a grin to make its way onto his face. His gaze bores into mine as I look into his warm brown eyes.

As cliché as the thought is...

Were his eyes always this pretty?

He brings a hand up to the side of my face before tucking back a stray strand of hair. All we're doing is staring at each other and smiling, but for some reason, the moment feels perfect.

Approaching footsteps are heard, causing the trance to go away. We only share a nervous laugh and look away from each other.

"Well...Um...Your breakfast should be ready now, let's head back in. I'm excited to see you later today!" He exclaims and I nod.

"I'm excited for this morning's meal. It's been a while since I've had your cooking." I say happily while opening the door. I take a seat next to Osano at the table, who's texting on his phone. The moment I sit down, he starts typing a lot faster.

"Who're you texting?" I joke while slightly leaning over the table. He turns off his phone and places it on the table, face down.

Okay, now that's weird...

"Oh, no one important." He says as Amao delivers two plates. Both plates had a blueberry muffin with assorted fruit on the side.

I look at Osano in suspicion, then quickly shrug it off as I begin eating the fresh blueberry muffin. As soon as I swallow the first bite, I smile.

This is what heaven tastes like.

"It tastes amazing!" I yell into the kitchen as I quickly take another bite.

"Thank you!" Amao shouts back.

[After a hearty breakfast]

Okay, 2nd hopeful confrontation of the day. Let's get this over with.