Winter break.

Two kids sat outside a cafe. One in her first year of junior high, and the other in his second year. And the first year? Known as a notorious delinquent to most, but academically 2nd in the class to little.

She sat on a bench as she watched the snow fall with music in her ears.

She only notices the boy once she felt like she was being watched, finding him to be behind the feeling. Her scarf falls when she turns her head, revealing her chattering teeth.

He takes one of the steaming cups he was holding it and motions for her to take it as a peace offering. She eyes him with suspicion before taking the cup.

"I don't understand you. What's with the double life?" He asks with slight concern as she looks at him in surprise. She takes a deep breath in, a choked sob coming out after she breathes out.

And from then on, she becomes a mess. She doesn't even know why or how it happened now.

Maybe it was because it was her first Christmas where her parents really were working too far away to make the trip back.

After his instinctive panic at her just breaking down, he only scoots closer to her.

"I don't know anymore. It started off as a fun little 'no harm no foul' way to vent and then it got out of hand." She admits to him as he places a hand on her shoulder.

"If you wanna fix it, I'd be happy to help." He places a hand on her shoulder as she sniffles and wipes her eyes with her gloved hand.

"I'd like that."

~

"Here's your uniform. Your duties for today are to assist the drama club this morning and the cooking club this afternoon." Megamo hands me a black garment bag.

I thank him, bowing and taking the uniform from him. I go into the bathroom and change quickly. When I emerge, I look at myself in the mirror, admiring my reflection and then spinning around while smiling.

Now this is what a new start feels like.

I drop off my other uniform off at my locker and then make my way slowly to the drama clubroom. I knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear as I slide open the doors.

"Y-Y/N?!?" Kizano looks over me in surprise.

"The one and only!" I reply, spinning around in my new uniform. He walks over to me, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"So you really are part the student council?" He asks and I nod happily.

"As of this morning I am the student council's public relations officer!" I say to him as he gives me a squeeze.

"Look at you, already climbing up the school ladder." He teases.

"As part of my student council duties, I'm here to help you this morning." I explain as he walks over to a table behind the curtain, fumbling with piles of papers.

"Would you mind going over a script with me real quick? A club member wrote up a scene to perform next week but I'm having trouble seeing it in my brain alone. Could you help me act it out?" He pulls out two papers from the pile and I nod excitedly.

"Excellent." He says before taking a tiara hanging on the prop wall and placing it on my head. He places a crown on his head and poses, me holding back a laugh.

He hands me one of the papers and I quickly scan over it. Once I'm done, I give him a thumbs up to begin.

"My princess, your beauty conquers all." He says as I blush and take another look down at the script.

Okay we're one line in and I'm already swooning, get it together idiot you are acting.

"My prince, I don't feel like that's right." I say, turning away from him. Kizano takes a step closer, coming up behind me.

"Why so?" He asks, concern in his voice.

"I feel as though my appearance falters compared to the other princesses." I reply, sighing and closing my eyes. I feel Kizano's arms wrap around my waist as I lean into him.

Oh my God.

OH MY GOD.

"You're simply more beautiful, inside and out." Kizano whispers in my ear, causing me to blush.

I can't with this.

The 17 tabs open in my brain are all buffering right now.

I look back at the script, my face flushed as I scream internally.

A shadow in front of the window catches my eye, someone stopping and then passing the clubroom, looking down.

"You...you can't say that. What will our parents think?" I ask, turning around to face him and putting my hands on his chest to separate us.

"It does not matter. They shall accept our love." Kizano says, sighing and looking at me with a sad smile. I look up into his dark purple eyes.

"But, war will soon come between us...I don't wish for you to die at the hands of my guards." I claim dejectedly, looking at the ground.

"I won't let the war ruin us or my life!" He says with determination as the scene ends. I give him a small bow and he claps for me, with me laughing in embarrassment. I reach up to my head and then give Kizano the tiara back.

"Thank you fair maiden." Kizano takes it gently and goes to hang it up as I nod and a smile grows on my face.

"You're welcome." I reply as he goes back to the papers behind the curtain.

"It would also be really great if you could help me organize these..." He admits with a nervous laugh. I nod, taking a part of the stack and separating it.

When I've finally found the last of one of the many scripts that were in this pile, my watch rings to signify class starts in 5 minutes.

"I managed to pick out one, but it's 8:25 so I gotta go." Kizano takes the stack of papers from me and thanks me before I head up to my first class.

I settle down into my seat, hanging my bag on the side. I look over to Amao, Osano being not being as much of an early bird to class.

Amao looks down, I wonder why?