Chapter 1: Cramming Session

One night, Briar and the girls are sleeping in their bedrooms. Like the last few times, Briar begins to dream as the mirror ripples as the vision appears.

Briar opens her eyes and feels a cold air around her. There are dark clouds, lightning and thunder appear, and pouring rain, along with waves rocking back and forth. She also notices a boat in the distance. However, she is too focused on the storm.

"What an intense storm... What's happening?" Briar says to herself.

Then she hears a voice, "Hurricane a comin'! Stand fast! Secure the riggin'!"

"A hurricane!" Briar says, worried and doesn't understand what's happening.

Briar has no clue what's going on, but she suspects the sailors on that ship have been caught in the storm.

At the corner of her eye, she notices a young unconscious man with black hair wearing a white shirt is being rescued by a beautiful young woman with long red hair, and blue eyes. She wonders who the girl is, and how she's able to swim in the storm in the middle of the sea.

Suddenly, the scene begins to change and the voice of a young woman appears, "Look! He's breathing!"

The scene changes and Briar sees the boy who's been unconscious has regained consciousness as an old man rushes to him in relief.

The man named Grimsby calls out, "Eric!"

The boy Eric is able to stand up and says, "A girl... rescued me. She had the most... beautiful voice..."

"Girl, does he mean the girl from before," Briar asks herself.

She then turns her head, out at sea and to her shock, she sees the young girl from before, the one with the red hair. But to Briar's shock, the girl is actually a mermaid with a green colored mermaid tail. The mermaid's name is Ariel.

Ariel looks at the shore and says, "My heart... Oh, how it pounds! Yes. I know it. The day will come... part of your world!"

And the waves splashes and head towards the shore. Briar continues to watch the beautiful mermaid as she watches Eric and Grimsby leave the shore. However, something catches her eyes, she notices two eels secretly spying on the mermaids.

The two eels cuckles, "Heh he heh..."

Soon enough, the vision disappears once more and Briar continues to sleep in her bed.

However, something else begins to appear from her mind. Another dream, or something even further.

Then a familiar voice of a child asks, "Why isn't big sister and big brother back?"

On the couch is little Briar again as a small child. There are two silhouettes of adults, one is a woman and the other a man.

"Sweetie, you really love your older sister, and you also like him don't you?" A woman's voice says.

"Yeah. Even though he isn't my big brother, I love to think of him as is," The little girl happily says.

Just the doors open to reveal the two silhouettes. They both seem younger, but one also seems to be a young man and another is a young woman.

"Big brother and big sister came back," Little Briar happily says.

She hugs the young woman, "Welcome home..."

Then hugs the young man, "Welcome home..." But the voice cuts out the voice.

The young man gently pets Briar on her head, giving her a smile.

In her bed, Briar continues to sleep peacefully.

The next day, Briar soon wakes up from her sleep.

She lets out a yawn as she says to herself, "And now I was dreaming about the storm, or dreaming of the sea...? And what was that other dream I had...?"