Chapter 39: Octavinelle Epilogue

After their time at the museum, everyone comes out of the mirror of Darkness and returns to dry land. All those who have transformed, revert back to their two legged states.

Grim is relieved to be out and says, "Ahhh! Oxygen, how I've missed you!

"Visiting the Atlantica Memorial Museum was pretty fun," Deuce says.

"I agree. That was really fun," Sereia says.

Trinket nods her head in reply.

"I think I was bored to tears last time I went, but I had a good time visiting it again after all these years, "Floyd says.

Then Jade says, "Once you get a feel for the world up here, it's funny to see how much of it merfolk misinterpreted in the old days."

"That fork—I mean, "silver hair comb"— was hilarious," Ace says.

"Yeah. The mermaid princess sure had an odd collection of stuff from the above," Jasper says.

But her collection is interesting," Tanzanite says.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. I'm sure you must be tired after spending so long in a strange environment," Azul says, "It's just about opening time for the Mostro Lounge. Would you care to drop by for some tea?"

"You bet I would! I was just gettin' hungry," Grim says.

Briar giggles and says, "But you're always hungry."

"She's right about that," Ace says.

Later at the Monstro Lounge, there's a lot of students today. The students are chatting and having food and drinks.

A Heartslabyul student asks, "One house special, please and thanks!"

Then a Pomefiore student says, "I'll have the drink set with the limited snack!"

Coming right up!" And Octavinelle student answers.

Then leaves to deliver the order.

Briar and the others are surprised to see

"Whoa! Why's it so crowded in here?" Ace asks in surprise.

"Ah, I see the promotion is paying off already," Jade says.

"What promotion?" Jack asks.

"After everything that went down, the headmage chewed us out and said not to take anybody's powers again, even under contract. So Azul devised a point card system!" Floyd answers.

"Point cards?" Briar says, confused.

"Yeah? How's it work?" Ace adds.

Azul explains, "You get one point for ordering a 6-thaumark drink special. And you get three points for ordering something off the 15-thaumark limited menu. When you build up fifty points, you earn the privilege of one free consultation with the manager—namely myself."

"When you say 'consultation,' do you mean, like, for ANYTHING?" Grim asks eagerly.

Then Deuce says, "Let's say I needed help with my studies."

"That would absolutely fall within my purview," Azul says.

Then Jade says, "What's more, when you fill three-point cards, you'll unlock even more perks.

"If you want to know more about these offers, please feel free to peruse this pamphlet or browse our website," Azul says.

"Sounds like a good system," Tanzanite says.

Grim grows excited, "Myah! In that case, gimme a special drink! And make it extra drink-y!"

"Same!" Ace calls out.

Then Deuce says, "I'll have the snack set..."

"We appreciate your prompt orders," Azul says.

"You guys..." Jack says.

"That's some business acumen, all right," Briar replies.

"I have to agree," Sereia replies.

Trinket nods her head in reply.

Azul turns to the boys, "Come, Jade. Floyd. It's time for us to make some money."

"Yes, sir. / You got it, Boss," Jade and Floyd answer.

Soon enough, Briar and the others take their seats.

"Still, I'm impressed at how packed we are. We have our work cut out for us today," Jade says

Then Floyd says, "Woulda been a breeze if the anemones were still workin' for us."

"I'll join you out in the front of house. That will give me a better sense of how we're providing for our clientele. Now, let us work diligently to make prof–" Azul says, but soon says, "*Ahem* I mean, please our customers!"

During the time, Azul, Jade, and Floyd are serving the customers while Briar and the others chat and have a good time. Of course, Briar tries to help, but Azul simply laugh about it. A little time later, many of the customers were satisfied.

"We certainly are busy! But that doesn't mean we can skimp on quality, "Azul says.

Then Jade says, "Of course, I'm seeing many new faces today. This is our chance to expand our clientele. Floyd is keeping an eye out to ensure our customers are treated with care.

Azul laughs a bit, "Ha ha. I see you're already on top of everything."

Time has passed and the Monstro Lounge has more customers and everyone has a good time. After all the hard work, Azul and the twins join Briar and the others at their table.

Then Azul says with a sigh, "Splendid! We made three times our usual amount!"

"Heh. We're well on our way to meeting our goal," Jade says.

"Yes. If we can continue to earn the necessary funds... We'll be able to open a branch café!" Azul says.

This has caught the group off guard.

"You still want to set up a branch cafe?" Briar asks.

"You haven't given up on all that yet?!" Ace adds, just as shocked.

Meanwhile, at the Scarabia Dorm Lounge, where it's somewhere in the desert, and decorated like an Aabian palace, with lights hanging on the ceiling and pillows on the ground of a large carpet. In the lounge, there is Housewarden Kalim. He seems disappointed about something.

Kalim says, sounding disappointed, "First there was the Spelldrive tournament. Now, even in the final exams, our dorm's position remains stagnant... This is a grave matter indeed."

Then Kalim calls out, "Jamil! Jamil, are you there?"

Jamil, the Vice Housewarden walks over and says, "Present, sir."

"Gather all of Scarabia's students on the double. If those layabouts think they're in for a relaxing holiday, they are sorely mistaken," Kalim says.

"Understood, sir. All will be as my housewarden wishes," Jamil says.

He then leaves to go inform the other students.

As he walks away, Jamil expresses a small and sinister chuckle, "Heh heh heh..."