Chapter 22: Jolting Electrification

Everyone remains quiet in their hidden location. Out in the VIP Lounge, Azul steps into the room.

"Now, then..." Azul says.

Azul then walks to the vault and begins to open it. Briar and the others remain quiet as they watch. Azul opens the vault and looks inside. To what the group sees, they can see the contracts inside.

"Hey... Those are the contracts we signed!" Deuce whispers.

"So he's been keeping 'em in the vault after all," Auzl says.

Azul then begins to count the contracts, "One, two, three... Heh heh heh..."

Grim whispers, "He's counting those contracts like they're a wad of bills! Look at that smirk on his face."

"What a twisted pastime..." Jack whispers.

"Ahhh. That's that. I'd better be getting back now," Azul says to himself.

Azul then puts the contracts back in the vault, closes it, and steps out of the room. Once they know he's gone, the group get out of their hiding spot.

They reply in relief, "Phew!"

"We were THIS close to gettin' noticed," Grim says.

"That was way too close," Jasper.

Jack looks at the desk and notices something, "Wait, look! He left a contract out on the table."

"For real?! Lucky us! Let's swipe it and see if we can tear it up," Ace says.

"Who knew Azul was so sloppy with his stuff?" Grim questions.

Then says, "Let's see what we got here..."

"Uh Grim, I don't think that's just a good..." Briar advises.

But when Grim touches the contract, Grim ends up receiving an electric shock. The others notice and end up receiving an electric shock as well, all except for the girls who are able to step back in the nick of time.

They all scream, "AGHAGHAGHAGHAGH!"

Even Deuce screams, "PBBTABABABABA!"

Grim screams, "MRAAAH! My whole body's paralyzed!"

"C-c-c-can't...moove..." Tanzanite says, paralyzed.

Dazed, Jasper mutters, "T-taaake meee tooo yooour leeeader..."

"Are you guys okay?" Briar asks in deep concern.

Then panics, "Who am I kidding?! Of course you're not okay! You just suddenly got shocked!"

"What happened?!" Sereia asks, frightened.

Even Trinket is freaking out.

Suddenly, they begin to hear Floyd laughing, "Bwaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

The girls turn their heads to see Azul has returned, and Jade and Floyd are with them,

"Dear me. You're all twitching like you got attacked by an electric catfish. You look positively silly," Azul says, having a smug grin on his face.

"It.. it's not funny..." Briar says with a disapproving look.

"Yeah. They got badly hurt," Sereia says.

"Oh, but it was their fault to tough something that doesn't belong to them," Azul says.

Shocked, Jack asks, "You were onto us the whole time?!"

"Of course I was. Your fluffy tail was perfectly visible under the desk," Azul says, "It would appear you were trying to steal the contracts... Unfortunately for you, they're rigged to jolt anyone who touches them aside from myself."

"So the whole thing was a setup?!" Ace asks, shocked.

"I told you that my contracts are completely unbreakable," Azul says.

Floyd continues laughing, "Aha ha ha! What a bunch of schmucks! Why would you even try when you know how this is gonna go?"

Jade snickers, "Floyd, don't laugh at the poor things. That's just mean. They're wracking their little peabrains. This is simply the best they could come up with. Heh heh heh."

"Trying to steal someone else's valuables merits a proper punishment, wouldn't you say?" Azul says.

Jade agrees, "Indeed. They need to be taught a firm lesson so that they never think of doing it again.

"I'm gonna squeeze you all, ooone byyy ooone," Floyd says.

Jack struggles to get up as he says, "Rgh... Watch out, guys! Incoming!"