Chapter 9: Lounge Shorthanded

Later that night, Briar and the others, including Jack, arrive at the Monstro Lounge. They are surprised to see how busy it is today. There are a lot of students in the lounge tonight.

"This place is hopping," Tanzanite says, amazed.

"And it's also pretty classy," Jasper says.

"And it's amazing," Briar says, astonished.

But Jack says, "Remember, you're in enemy territory here. Stay sharp at all times."

"You're right," Briar says with a nod.

Just then, Floyd and Jade appear.

Floyd happily says, "Eyyy, Little Shrimpy! Glad you could make it! I see you've got a sea urchin plus-one. Along with the Angelfish, the twin catfish, and little Plankton."

"I told you not to call me that!" Jack angrily says.

Then Jade says, "Well, well. Thank you for coming to our establishment so promptly. Welcome to the Mostro Lounge. Is this your first time dining here?"

"To be honest, it actually is," Briar says.

"We have never been here before," Sereia replies

Then Jack says, "Y'know, I've been wondering since lunch... Do you have a thing for askin' questions you already know the answers to?"

"Heh. I like to keep my bases covered," Jade says, "Now then, if you would allow me to provide you with a rundown of our establishment... The Mostro Lounge is a meeting place for gentlemen. Any quarrels with other dorms are verboten here. Students from all dorms are expected to abide by Octavinelle rules on the premises. We pride ourselves on providing a place for everyone to enjoy under the same set of rules. With that out of the way... How may I assist you today?"

"Well, I'd like to speak to Azul, the housewarden and manager here. If he's available for a talk," Briar answers.

Jack chuckles, "Heh heh heh... Very well. The manager is currently meeting with another patron. Could I ask you to wait in the lounge until such time as his schedule opens up? And lest I forget, our establishment has a one-drink minimum. You must order at least a single beverage of some variety."

He turns to where Deuce and Ace are serving drinks.

He then calmly asks, ""Sea anemone, if you could take our esteemed customer's order?"

"Sorry, I've got drinks to run," Deuce answers.

Then Ace says, "You do it! We're slammed over here! You keep making us do all the work while you're just sittin' pretty over there."

"You're talking back to me? How impressively bold for a sea anemone," Jade says.

Then uses his magic to tug on the anemones.

Ace screams, "OWWW! Geez!"

"Quit tugging our anemones!" Deuce says in pain.

Then Jade says, "Azul tasked me with instructing the new staff, so it falls to me to instill proper discipline in those who fail to respect authority."

Deuce continues screaming in pain, "Ow ow ow ow ow! Okay, okay! I get it!"

"Hold on a minute, don't you both think you're going a bit overboard here! I mean, they're doing the best they can to work here," Briar says.

However, Jade says, "Ah, but you must understand. As I just finished explaining, here in the lounge, everyone must follow our rules.

Then Floyd says, "And according to the rules, we're allowed to squeeze problem employees who don't do as they're told!"