Chapter 31: Dastardly Negotiation

Earlier, Leona manages to steal the contracts and take Briar's medallion out of the vault in the VIP ROOM. When Azul finds out, he is clearly upset. Then Leona reveals that all this is part of Briar's plan and how she finds out about his little secret about the contracts.

Lona asks, "So, Azul... How about you and I make a deal?

"I'm...sorry?" Azul says, confused.

Leona continues, "What are you prepared to offer me if I return these contracts to you?"

"I-I'll do anything. I'll give you all the study guides you want. I'll write your graduation thesis. I'll pad for your attendance. Anything—just name it!" Azul says, trying to remain calm, but is clear that he's desperate.

"Interesting. That's a pretty tempting offer," Leona says.

"Then—" Azul replies.

But Leona says, "Here's the thing, though. No offense, but none of that's gonna be enough to justify me returning these contracts."

"What?" Azul asks, stunned.

Then Leona says, "See, Briar's got me over a barrel right now. If I don't help Team Ramshackle dispose of these contracts, they'll make a huge racket outside my room every day until morning."

"Huh...?" Azul is more confused.

"Basically, if you take their dorm away from them, they take my good night's sleep away from me. I want them gone from Savanaclaw, so these things have gotta go," Leona adds, with a smirk.

"THAT'S what this is all about?!" Azul asks, shocked and dumbfounded.

Then Leona shows a smug smile and says, "Sorry, Azul. You're just not quite as dastardly a villain as Briar is."

"R-ridiculous..." Azul says, shocked.

And panics, "Don't do it!"

And with that, Leona changes up his magic, ""Now... 'Kneel before me!'"

And calls out, "King's Roar!"

Azul cries out, "NOOOOO!"

Leona unleashes his powers and aims at the contracts with full force. Soon, every last contract has been turned into sand. Azul watches in dismay as all the contracts he has created have been destroyed before his eyes.

Azul's face turns pale as he says in shock, "Ah... Aaah... Aaaaah! My... My... My golden contracts... All...reduced to dust..."

"Azul's signature spell, It's a Deal... Once the contract scroll is signed, it cannot be damaged, regardless of how many people try," Leona says.

Then Leona says, "You made a show of how unbreakable it was several times, just to hammer that impression home... But there's no such thing as a spell that's completely flawless. From what I saw, it looked like they were impervious to damage only under specific conditions. Namely, either being in the VIP room, or being in your hands. And judging by how easily my magic turned them to sand, I was right. The contract scrolls themselves are no stronger than any other sheet of paper.

"I... I don't believe this..." Azul says, still stunned.

Ruggie snickers, "Shyeheehee! You could just knock Briar into next week for trying to blackmail you. I've been wonderin' why you'd go to all this trouble, and I think I've finally figured it out."

"Oh yeah?" Leona questions.

Then Ruggie answers, You've made a contract with Azul before. This whole thing is a way for you to conveniently get rid of it."

"Hah... Nobody likes a snoop, y'know," Leona says with a smug on his face, "I'm just a nice guy who can't ignore a friend in need, that's all. Heh heh."

Ruggie laughs, "Haw! Listen to you, laughin' at your own jokes. I should've taken a peek at what kinda contract you made before you sanded 'em down."

Suddenly, Azul says, ""Ah... Ahhh..."

"Hm?" Leona then turns to Azul.

Azul grows devastated, and begins to scream "Aaah, aaaaah... NGAAAAAH! I HATE THIIIS!"

"Huh?!" Leona and Ruggie reply confused.

Falling into despair, Azul says, "It's gone. My carefully amassed collection of magic... My omnipotent power..."

"What in the world?" Leona questions.

"Talk about changin' your tune..." Ruggie says.

Azul continues screaming, "All of it, up in smoke! How could you DO this to me?! Without that, I... I... I'm back to being that 'silly little octo-twerp' again!" Just then, some strange black aura seeping out of Azul as he continues, "That's the last thing I want... I refuse, I refuse, I REFUSE! I don't WANNA go back to being my old self again!"

Shocked, Leona asks, What's going on?! There's a black aura growing...

"This is your fault for gettin' his hopes up and then dashing 'em on the rocks, Leona! Ruggie says to Leona.

He then says to Azul, "Okay, Azul. Let's all just...take a deep breath and chill for a second. Okay?"

But Azul screams at him, "SHUT! UP!"

And continues to cry out, "You don't know me! You don't know my life! All that time I spent being roundly mocked for my weakness... My intellect... Nobody could EVER understand!"

Azul suddenly takes a deep breath, and then snickers a bit, "Heh. Heh heh heh."

He then says, Of course. It's so simple. If you lose something... just take it back. Give them to me. Come on. I want your prowesses... GIVE THEM TO MEEE!"

And soon, Azul's magic begins to arise as strange black ink seeps from his body and magepen and fall to the floor. Then a strange grayish blue aura surrounds his body.