Chapter 4: Press-Gang Contract

Briar and the others follow Ace, Deuce, and Grim across the school and reach their destination. The Hall of Mirrors.

"Oh, it's the Hall of Mirrors... The place that leads to every dorm," Jack says.

"Wonder why they come here?" Sereia asks, at the building.

"I'm not sure. Let's go inside and see what's up," Briar says.

The group walks inside the building to see it's not just Ace, Deuce, and Grim, but so many other students, which catch them by surprise.

They hear a Heartslabyul Student say, "I was so sure I'd make the top fifty!"

A Savanaclaw Student says, clearly upset, "Blast it all, I've been had! That cheating cephalo-punk!

"My school life is doomed now. Doooomed!" A Scarabia Student in tears.

They soon hear all the boys in the building getting very upset about not being in the top fifty and them being scammed. It's still a big shock to see how many students are in the building.

Jack is just as surprised, "Huh? It's not just the three stooges... There are other students here with sea anemones coming outta their heads. I'm seeing some sophomores and juniors in here, too. And they're all going through the mirror leading to Octavinelle Dorm."

"They're all moaning about their test placement..." Tanzanite says.

Then Jasper wonders, "Who's this 'cheating cephalo-punk' they mentioned?"

"I'm not sure, but it will be best for us to follow them. Maybe the answer to this mystery is at Octavinelle Dorm," Briar says.

"Let's head over and see what's up," Jack says.

The group then follow the sea anemone students towards the Octavinelle Mirror. The mirror's frame is covered in octopus tentacles with two moray eels on the top. There are seashells on the staircase and conch shells on the wall. The group then walk through the mirror and to the otherside to see the Octavinelle Dorm.

Everyone is surprised to see that the Octavinelle Dorm looks like it's underwater and the buildings of the dorm are purple decorated with octopus tentacles and shells. It's very different than Savanaclaw Drom, and other dorms for that matter. Briar and the others are not only surprised is astonished.

"Wow, the whole dorm is underwater!" Briar says, amazed.

"It's like the opposite of Savanaclaw and Heartslabyul Dorm, huh?" Jasper says, turning to Jack.

"It's amazing," Sereia says, amazed.

"For real?! Night Raven College is so cool!" Jack says, amazed.

He calms himself and says, "Just remember we're treading on another dorm's turf. Keep your wits about you."

"Right," Briar says with a nod.

Trinket then points to the hall, and the others follow. They walk down the hall and are astonished to see the coral reef outside, along with small fishes. Soon enough, the group reaches the front of the Monstro Lounge. When they arrive, they can see so many people

"I think we found where the Anemone Gang all went," Briar says.

"Look at all these people," Sereia says, surprised.

Jack agrees and says, "There's gotta be a hundred-no, closer to two hundred people here. What is this place, anyway? Some kinda coffee shop?"

The group looks up to see the sign.

"Monstro Lounge Cafe?" Briar reads.

Jack looks around and wonders, "Where did Ace and the others go?"