Chapter 8: A Baiting Duo

Briar and the others find themselves having an encounter with the Leech Twins, Floyd and Jade.

Jade questions, "Is it just my imagination, or is someone looking a bit dour today?"

"Oh, y'know, we're just coming to terms with being ordered around by a trio of tyrants," Ace says with a frown on his face.

Floyd laughs, "Aha ha! Isn't that cute? The sea anemone that breached its contract is talking! You guys know you're in no position to complain. So shut your traps.

Grim yelps in fear, "Eeep! Not the squeeze!"

And quickly climbs on Briar's lap and holds himself from Floyd.

Allow me to clarify: I wasn't talking to the sea anemones. I was specifically addressing you..." Jade says.

He then walks directly towards Briar, "Briar Hawthrone, prefect of Ramshackle Dorm."

"Yes?!" Briar yelps and looks at the twins.

Yes?! A-are you gonna squeeze me?!

Floyd smiles and says, "Awww, look at you, scurrying backwards like a shrimp afraid of being someone's lunch! And on that note... You're so teeny, I'ma call you 'Little Shrimpy' from now on!"

"Little Shrimpy?" Briar says, confused.

"I think most students on campus would be small compared to you two," Deuce whispers to the others.

Then Ace questions, "Yeah, and having two guys this big standing together is a special kind of imposing."

Then Jade says to Briar, "I understand that you were playing little spy games with Riddle and others just recently, Briar. You may know who we are already, but I've always been a stickler for formal introductions." and introduces himself, "I am Jade Leech, and this is my twin brother Floyd."

"Heya. I'm Floyd. Nice to meetcha, Little Shrimpy," Floyd says with a grin on his face.

"Um hi, it's nice to meet you. I guess you know, I'm these are my friends, Tanzanite, and his twin brother Jasper. Sereia, and the little fairy is Trinket.

"Well, aren't you all an interesting bunch? The little doll looked so small and cute, almost like an angel. I'll call you, Angelfish," Floyd says.

Sereia blushes, "Me Angelfish?

Then Floyd turns to the twins, "And the twins are kind of like us, but one also looks like a cat. You'll be twin catfishes."

"Catfish?" Jasper and Tanzanite questions.

"And the little fair is so small, so you're Plankton," Floyd says.

Trinket looks at Floyd with a dumbfounded expression.

"Now, where was I?" Jade questions.

Then says, "Ah, yes..."

He then says to Briar, "Allow me to infer what troubles you, Briar. Could your anxiety perhaps stem from these three anemone stooges?"

"'Perhaps?' Listen to you, acting all coy," Jack replies.

"What's your problem? You're as prickly as a sea urchin," Floyd asks with a smile.

Jack is taken back in shock, "Wh—I'm a WOLF, not a sea urchin!"

Briar then says, "Um I guess you could say that, but why do you ask?

Jade answers, If the source of your troubles does in fact lie with these sea anemones... I believe you would be well-served discussing the matter with Azul in person, Briar."