2

The night had descended on King's Landing and slowly turned into the next day. Alysanne awoke from her slumber in her chambers from a rustling. She quickly sat up, the attendant who was running around getting her clothes ready for the day halts.

"My lady, I hope I did not wake you."

Alysanne sighs. "No, no. But what are you doing?"

"The queen requested I lay your gown out for the tourney today." The maiden gestures to the fiery red dress hanging. Along with a black overcoat to match. "Will you need assistance?"

"I will be okay, thank you." Alysanne smiles.

The maiden waits patiently for her to request something, she places her hands behind her back. "Oh, oh, you may go, thank you."

Alysanne decorates herself in the dress that her sister left for her. along with the gold jewelry that was left in a small box next to it. When she walks out of her quarters Ser Harwin is not there waiting for her, instead, a Kingsgaurd. "Lady Alysanne."

"Hello, where is Ser Harwin?"

"I'm afraid he had other business to attend to last night. Along with preparing for the tourney today."

In her mind, Alysanne is a bit sad he wasn't there to greet her this morning. "To my sister please."

When Alysanne enters, Aemma is sitting on the couch in only her under robe. There's a full tray from breakfast set near her. "Sister." She says, strolling toward Aemma.

"I apologize we have not been very good company. After the baby is born I will show you all of King's Landing." She says grabbing ahold of her sister's hand.

"I fear my labors will begin soon. But I want you to attend the Tourney with Rhaenyra. I don't want you to see me in pain."

"I do not want to leave your side sister." She kneels down next to her. Aemma rolls her eyes.

"We have gone far longer without seeing each other." She laughs, earning a small grin from Alysanne.

The two spent the afternoon catching up. Alysanne shared her stories of her venturing through the seven kingdoms, Aemma told her stories about living as a queen. The two had very different paths, but always knew how to meet again in the middle.

Aemma's contractions grew stronger. "You should be going. The tourney will be starting soon."

"I will go if you wish, sister, but I would also have no problem staying."

"I love you dear sister, I'm so glad you can be here to welcome the new heir." She smiles.

"I love you too Aemma. I will see you in a bit. Do not hesitate to have someone come to me and I will be in these chambers before you know it."

As Alysanne leaves her chambers, she takes one final glance at her sister, not knowing this would truly be the last time she would see her.

Rhaenyra rushes her up through the viewing area for the tourney. "Come aunt, come!" She says. Alysanne holds her dress up to easily maneuver up the stairs. The crowds on both sides are cheering as loud as they can for the tourney to begin.

Alysanne takes her seat next to Rhaenyra and Alicent. Alysanne looks behind her to see Viserys stand, earning a rowdy cheer from the crowd. "Be welcome! I know many of you have traveled far to be at these games. But I promise, you will not be disappointed. When I look at the fine knights in these lists, I see a group without equal in our histories. And this great day has been made more auspicious by the news I'm happy to share: Queen Aemma has begun her labors!" The crowd cheers again at his words.