16

Two years later

124 A.C

Alysanne stayed at Rhaenyra's side for her third baby. Out of her three births, Ser Laenor has never been at her side, but he was still a supportive husband. He knew the children weren't his, and he didn't think Rhaneyra would want him there.

He still treated the boys as his sons, told them he loved them, and made sure they were taken care of, along with Rhaenyra.

Ser Bywin was not allowed in the bedchamber when Rhaenyra was giving birth to any of her sons. He was only able to see his boys in secret, along with his love.

Ten years have passed now. Rhaenyra has just had her 27th name day, Alysanne just turned 30, Ser Harwin, 31. Their young love was still alive and well. Ser Harwin stated once to his brother he fell in love with her more and more each day.

Rhaenyra's third birth was not easier than the other two, she screamed out in pain almost more this time. Alysanne held her niece who cried out more and more, with one final push, her babe was born. "A boy, Princess." She whispers in her ear. Rhaenyra smiles, putting her hand out to hold the screaming babe.

The maester wraps him in a cloth, and hands it to the Princess. "Healthy?" Alysanne asks from over her shoulder.

"Kicking like a goat, Princess."

Rhaenyra places a kiss to the top of his head. "Beautiful boy." Alysanne whispers.

From behind them, a handmaiden enters her chambers. "Princess..."

Alysanne and Rhaenyra turn their heads toward her. "the Queen has requested that the child be brought to her... immediately."

"Why?" Rhaenyra's stare turns cold.

Alysanne shakes her head, "I will bring him, it will only take a few minutes."

Rhaenyra ignores her, standing just moments after giving birth. "I will take him myself."

Alysanne stands behind her, holding onto her shoulders.

"You should remain abed, Princess-" one of the maidens says.

"Yes, I should. Alysanne, help me dress." She looks directly toward her aunt.

Alysanne hesitantly nods, she gestures for a handmaiden to take the babe from her arms. She helps her take of her bloodied gown, to put on a loose fitting blue gown. "Wash cloth, for her face please."

They do as Alysanne says. The other maidens wash up the babe, wrapping him in a gold and black blanket to keep him warm. Ser Laenor walks through the double doors. "A boy. I've just heard." He smiles at her.

"Yes."

"Well done."

Alysanne walks beside her niece, carefully watching her unsteady legs with every step she takes.

"Where are you going?" Laenor asks.

"She wants to see him." Alysanne turns back to him.

"I'm coming with you. Let me take him." Ser Laenor runs to her other side, holding his hands out to accept the babe.

"No, she'll get no such satisfaction from me."

Alysanne sighs deeply, walking behind the two. "Rhaenyra please, take his arm at least."

Rhaenyra struggles through the Keep. Alysanne stayed close behind the pair.

When they approach the Queen's quarters, Ser Criston is guarding her door. He nods slightly, letting them pass. As they enter, the Queen turns to them quickly. "Rhaenyra! You should be resting after your labors."