14

Two months later.

Ser Laenor was officially moved into the Red Keep. Ser Criston never had to face his crime. Alicent made sure of that. Rhaenyra kept to herself after her wedding for a few weeks. She refused to talk about it.

Eventually, she came around. She began spending time with Alysanne again, helping her prepare for her own wedding.

It wasn't going to be anything spectacular. Ser Harwin had no special requests for the wedding. He only wanted to be with Alysanne and didn't care who was there.

They had decided it would be on the beach of King's Landing. Only Lord Lyonel, Ser Bywin, Larys, Viserys, Alicent, Rhaenyra, and Ser Laenor would attend.

Her dress was specially made at Rhaenyra's request. It was something Alysanne never saw herself wearing. It was covered in gold, red and black. Intricate details were hand sewn for hours to achieve the perfect look. It looked as if it was made for a queen.

Daemon had disappeared once more from King's Landing. There were rumors he was to marry Lady Laena, but no one knew if there was much truth behind that.

Ser Bywin was named Rhaenyra's new sworn protector. Alysanne noticed since the wedding, they got along quite well. It made her happy that she had another friend, since her and Alicents friendship was next to non-existent.

Rhanerya entered Alysannes chambers. She is sitting, drinking wine while finishing up a painting of the landscape of King's Landing. "Ah, Rhaenyra." She smiles, setting down her cup.

"Alysanne? What are you doing? It is your wedding day." She runs over to her wardrobe, grabbing the dress out of it.

Alysanne lets out a small laugh, "Rhaenyra, you think I do not know?"

She walks up behind her niece, putting her head on her shoulder. The two look at Alysannes dress together. "Why are you not getting ready yet?"

"It is not a big ceremony, all I have to do is put the dress on."

Rhaenyra turns around with her mouth open, "Sit, I will do your hair."

Alysanne rolls her eyes with a smile, sitting down on the couch beside them. "Do whatever you want, make sure I don't look a fool."

Rhaenyra takes her hair in her hands. "Do not tempt me, aunt."

Rhanerya begins braiding her hair back, two braids on the side of her head, with one down the center. She walks over to the wardrobe again, grabbing a pair of ruby earrings, she spots her mothers necklace. Rhaenyra smiles, bringing the jewelry to her. She drapes the necklace around her neck, clasping it behind her. Alysanne brings her hand up to. "I wish she could be here." Alysanne whispers.

"She is, I know that she is." Rhaenyra kisses the side of her head from behind her. She runs to be in front of her, squatting down. "Time for the dress." She smiles.

Rhaenyra ties up the back of the dress, Alysanne watches in the mirror, admiring the golden detailing. It had dragon scale patterning going down the sleeves, embroidered in gold. She smiles to herself. "You look perfect." Tears welled up in Alysanne's eyes, she never thought this day would come, she never thought she would be happy on her wedding day.

"You think Ser Harwin will think so?"

"He thinks you are perfect everyday, even on the ones where you are cranky and everyone is afraid to get in your way." Alysanne laughs, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"C'mon aunt, we can't leave him waiting."

Alysanne walks down the beach, Viserys guiding her toward Ser Harwin. He waits eagerly with the High Septa. His father made him get the finest suit. A long dark blue tunic with intricate silver detailing going down the center. Two medallions with his house sigil sit under his shoulders, with a heavy chain connecting the two together. He clasps his hands in front of him, feeling them sweat with every step Alysanne takes toward him. His brother, Ser Bywin, stands beside him, holding the dark blue cloak he is to cover Alysanne with in hand. Larys, and Lord Lyonel off to the side of him.

Rhanerya is standing beside Ser Laenor, smiling wide at Alysanne. She thought she looked so beautiful. If she was not able to wear a grand wedding dress, she was more than happy for her aunt to look beautiful on her wedding day.

She looked around for Alicent, "Where is the Queen?" She whispers to Viserys.

"She had some important things to attend to. My apologies for her absence."

But it was no big deal to Alysanne for Alicent to not attend her wedding, she did not care for her anymore.

Viserys and Alysanne reach Ser Harwin, Alysanne turns to give Viserys a big hug, before joining hands with Ser Harwin. She looked up into his eyes, seeing he had tears in the corner of his eyes. Ser Harwin "Breakbones" grew weak at the sight of her.

The Septon begins with a speech about joining the two together, but both zoned his drawn out speech out. They were only focused on each other and their future life together.

"You may now cloak the bride and bring her under your protection."

Ser Harwin brings his hands away from Alysannes, accepting the heavy cloak from Bywin. He drapes it around her shoulders, quickly taking her hands in his again. "We stand here, in the sight of the Gods and men to witness the union of man and wife; one flesh, one soul, one heart, now and forever."

The Septon takes the Valyrian blade that Viserys passed down from his grandfather and his father before that. He hands it to Ser Harwin.

Alysanne turns her palm up, letting Ser Harwin slice her palm, he hands the blade over, she accepts cutting his palm as well. The two hold their hands together, binding each other in blood.

"Let it be known, Ser Harwin of House Strong, heir to Harrenhal and Lady Alysanne of House Targaryen are one heart, one flesh and one soul. Cursed be he who seeks to tear them asunder. In the sight of The Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them for entirety. Look upon each other and say the words."

In unison the two say, ""Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger..."

Ser Harwin clears his throat, "I am hers, she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days." His voice cracks, trying to hold back his tears.

The Septon looks to Alysanne, "I am his, he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days." Alysanne feels a tear fall from her eye

"With this kiss, I pledge my love." Ser Harwin leans toward her, kissing her gently on her lips. He could've taken her into his arms and kissed her like he never wanted to let go, but held back with their families present.

Alysanne slowly backs away from him, resting her forehead on hers. He brings her good hand around and places it on the back of her neck. "I love you, Ser Harwin."

"I love you as well, Alysanne."

Alysanne lets out a small giggle, throwing her arms around his neck and bringing him close to her.