19

After the funeral, everyone rejoins in the courtyard of Driftmark. Alysanne and Ser Harwin are beside Viserys with their children. Alysanne watches as Rhaenyra makes her way to her son, Jace. Looks are exchanged through the courtyard.

The conversations are dull in light of the passing of Lady Laena. There is no laughter, no smiles. Alysanne watches out of the side of her eye as Rhaenyra and Daemon exchange looks to each other.

She looks over to see Corlys overlooking the sea. She joins him, tilting her head and Ser Laenor sitting in the sea. "Oh sweet boy." She says. Lord Corlys turns away quickly, grabbing Ser Qarl. "Retrieve your patron." He hisses. Vaemond grabs his arm. "Brother." He lets go of his arm. Ser Qarl gives him a slight nodding, leaving the courtyard.

From Harwin's side, Viserys stands, walking to his brother. "Your girls are the very image of their mother. A comfort and an anguish, as I well remember. The gods can be cruel."

"It seems they've been especially cruel to you." Daemon responds.

"Yes." Viserys nods. Alysanne turns from her spot to listen in to the brothers. Rhaenyra watched carefully.

"You should return with us to King's Landing. It's time that you came home."

"Pentos is my home... and that of my children."

"Daemon... I know we've had our differences, but let them pass with the years. There's a place for you in my court if that's something you should need."

"I need... nothing." Daemon growls, dropping his head and turning away from his brother.

Rhaenyra follows Daemon, trying not to let eyes lay eyes on her.

"I am going to bed, Aemma." Viserys limps next to Alicent.

Alysanne's mouth drops open. She looks to her husband. He nods, bringing the children in his arms. "Let us get to bed as well." She says to him as he joins her side.

The children are resting in their respective rooms. Ser Harwin sits beside Alysanne in their chambers.

"The tension here, you could cut it with a dull blade." Alysanne says, taking a sip of wine.

Harwin sighs, nodding. "The rumors are spreading. People are seeing them as plain truth now."

Alysanne lets out a deep breath, swirling the cup of wine in her hand. She looks to her husband. "There is another rumor spreading I'm afraid."

"That is?" Harwin asks, tilting his head.

Alysanne sighs, "They believe that Ser Bywin and Lord Lyonel were killed by her word. So that Otto would once again be the King's Hand."

Ser Harwin sighs, dropping his cup to the table. "Those power hungry cunts." He shouts out. "For their own pursuits they had to kill my brother and father. Those boys of Rhaenyra will grow without their true father. I will be named Lord of Harrenhal and sit on their blood because of her. I should kill her where she stands."

"Harwin enough. You cannot go around saying such threats."

"My brother... My father." He sobs. Alysanne stands, pulling him into her arms. "When Rhaenyra is crowned, we will have Alicent casted out for her crimes. I promise you."

But what rumor did not spread was who orchestrated everything. Ser Harwin's own brother Larys, sent out the assassins.

A bit later, Ser Harwin calms. He stands, pulling Alysanne's hair behind her ear. "My love." He shakes his head. "I am hurting."

She brings her hands to touch the side of his face. "I know. But you are a Strong. And that you must be. I must stay at Rhaenyra's side. Fight off these rumors, even if we are to know them as true."