8

The next day, The King and his hunting party returned with a stag being dragged behind them. Cheers rang out through the camp as he made his glorious return. Alysanne watched the group pass her, making a slight smile when she saw Ser Harwin on horseback.

Alysanne met Ser Harwin at his family's tent, he was ferociously skinning rabbits and other animals he had caught on the hunt.

"My Prince." She smiles, coming up next to him, cautious of the blood which covered the bench.

He lets out a small chuckle. "I've missed you."

She rolls her eyes, "It's been one day Ser Harwin. We've gone much longer."

"And everyday of those three years I longed for you."

Alysanne blushes at his words.

Chatters break out from the camp. Alysanne looks around, noticing everyone pointing toward something coming in from out of the camp. She turns around from her spot next to Ser Harwin, Rhaenyra has returned, covered in blood. A boar being pulled behind her on horseback, and Ser Criston following close.

"I must go." She whispers, following Rhaenyra.

She doesn't say a word to her, not until they've reached her tent. Alysanne orders the handmaidens to prepare a bath for her at once. She walks up behind Rhaenyra, pulling her hair out her braids. Dried blood made her lusicous silver locks crisp at the touch.

She helps her undo her jacket and helps her pull it from her torso. "I will leave you to do the rest, Princess. They are preparing to leave within the next two hours."

The ride back was just as silent as the way to the camp. Rhaenyra refused to speak to anyone beside Alysanne. She was still very angry with her father.

Rhaenyra and Alysanne join Viserys in the small council room. Upon entering they see him hand something to one of the guards and say "Make haste to Dwarfstone, Ser Addam. Hand deliver this to Daemon yourself."

The guard accepts it. "At once, Your Grace." The guard and the others follow him out. Rhaenyra and Alysanne both take a seat in front of The King.

"Dwarfstone?" Rhaenyra asks.

"I'm sending word to Daemon. Aid is sailing to the Steptones."

"Did he make call for help?" Alysanne asks, taking a sip of the cup of wine that stood in front of her. "He would sooner die. But his king does not mean to allow that."

The two stay silent for a moment. "Do you not think my decision is correct?" He asks his daughter.

"It is of no consequence what I think... as I'm often reminded." She smiles.

"Rhaenyra." Alysanne says from across the table. Viserys sighs.

"Daemon is thorn enough in my flesh. Will you insist on taking after him? Must everything be a battle?"

"If you refer to your attempt to marry me off to Casterly Rock." Rhaenyra says, shaking her head at her father.

"I am sorry, Rhaenyra. I was trying to help you. Alysanne raised her voice against it but I thought it might be a good fit for you. Will you not be helped? By your own hand or me? Why must every effort on your behalf be resisted as if to the death?"

"Because you mean to replace me..." Her voice echoes in the silence that follows it.

Alysanne looks at Viserys, a look that could kill.

"You mean me to replace Alicent Hightower's son. The boy you always wanted. You have him in hands now. You have no further use for me. You might as well peddle me for what you can. A mountain stronghold or a fleet of ships."