9

A few months later

It had been quiet for the most part when it came to Rhaenyra's rebellious activities. She had agreed to travel to Storm's End to hear the proposals of men from houses in that part of Westeros. Was unsuccessful for the most part. Rhaenyra tried though, which was more than anyone had expected from her. She decided to cut the journey short, saying she would return to it another time. Alysanne had protested this, but to no avail.

Rhaenyra stood side by side with Alysanne as they began to sail into the bay surrounding the Red Keep. "How do you think he will take it?"

"Do you speak of how you rejected every suitor His Grace put before you or how you abruptly ended the tour with two months remaining?"

A whistle drew them from their conversation, all of the crew looking upward. "Take cover!" Ser Criston shouts. A dragon's tale whips the boat, sending Rhaenyra flying toward the side, smacking her head. "Princess?" Alysanne asks, helping her up, Ser Criston comes to her aid as well. "I'm fine."

She looks up to the sky, Alysanne does as well. They knew that dragon, it stood out far from the others with its high pitched roar and the sharp whips of its tail. "Daemon has returned."

Daemon has returned to the Red Keep after his months away battling in the Stepstones. He enters the throne room with a crown made for him. He promptly gives this up to Viserys, and bends the knee to him. It's as if the hardships between the two have finally been squashed and they can act as brothers again.

To celebrate this, Viserys held a small party outside by the Godswood. He was able to introduce his son to Daemon. Alysanne stood next to Rhaenyra beside a table of prepared food for the guests. "I cannot believe he has returned. I'm glad Viserys and him are able to get along again." Alysanne gestures over to Daemon and his brother. The two are laughing and telling stories.

Rhaenyra smiles, she puts her hands behind her back and begins walking over toward them. Alysanne follows closely. "Congratulations on your victory." She smiles.

"Thank you, Princess."

The group stays quiet for a moment, Alicent from beside them speaks up. "Perhaps Prince Daemon would care for a tour of the gallery? He has not yet seen the new tapestries gifted to you from Norvos and Qohor."

Viserys nods, "Would you like to see the tapestries?" He says with sarcasm. Daemon smirks. The two let out a laugh together, Alicents smile fades.

"He has no interest in such things." Viserys says between his laughs, landing a hand on his brother's shoulder.

"I'd like to see them." Rhaenyra says.

"Then you should not deprive yourself." Viserys puts a hand onto his brother's shoulder.

"I shall enjoy them alone." Rhaenyra says she looks toward her father then back to Alysanne. Alysanne nods as she watches Rhaenyra turn away from the group.

"Wine, Alysanne?" Viserys asks, handing over a cup.

"Yes please, Your Grace." She accepts it. From her side, Alicent excuses herself from the group.

From behind her, Ser Harwin joins them. "Ah, Ser Harwin." Viserys smiles. Alysanne smiles looking at her betrothed. He places a hand on the small of her back. Daemon looks at Ser Harwin up and down.

"Hello, my dear, I've missed you these past months." He gives her a kiss on the side of her face.

"These two are to be married." Viserys says to Daemon. He smirks at Ser Harwin. "Why are you not married yet?"

Ser Harwins jaw clenches. "We are waiting for Rhaenyra to choose her match."

Daemon smirks, the thoughts of his beautiful niece running through his head.