3

The next day was Aemma and Baelons funeral. Alysanne stood next to Rhaenyra. The two dressed in full black. The gusts of winds that came over the rough waters hitting their dress, pulling them every which way.

Others were gathered around the funeral pyre, but Alysanne was so lost in her grief she couldn't even pay attention to them. After the speeches were given, by the sept and Viserys himself, there was only one thing left to do.

Alysanne looked to Rhaenyra. "I don't know if I have the strength to do it, aunt."

"You are Aemma's daughter, you have the strength of ten men."

Rhaenyra dragon was at the ready, standing beside the pyre. "You can do it my dear." Alysanne chokes on her words. She lays a hand on Rhaenyra's shoulder. She gives her a soft smile, her bloodshot eyes filled with tears.

Rhaenyra takes a step forward, looking at her father, then to her dragon. "Dracarys." She states. Her dragon lets out a rush of flames, lighting the pyre up. Alysanne drops her head. Her sister was really gone. Rhaenyra steps back to her aunt, falling onto her shoulder. Alysanne wraps an arm around her, watching the flames slowly swallow the bodies that laid there before.

The next few days were weary. Alysanne hardly left her chambers, having difficulty finding her strength to face the days. Viserys sent Ser Harwin in for the first two days, but after this Ser Harwin would consistently check up on her on his own free will. It was always the same, she refused to leave the four walls she found comfort in.

But one day, Ser Harwin entered with some good news.

He took a seat next to the bed, where Alysanne laid. "King Viserys will be naming Rhaenyra heir to the throne today."

Alysanne sat up quickly. "A woman? Heir to the Iron Throne?"

"Indeed, Alysanne."

Alysanne smiled to herself. She could not believe her niece was to sit the Iron Throne, the first woman to ever do so. "When is the coronation?"

"I haven't seen such energy from you in days." He smiles at her. "Today, a few hours from now."

Alysanne lets out a sigh. "Will the realm accept her as an heir?"

He bites his lip for a moment, "They have no choice but to accept it if The King says it's true."

Although she was excited for her niece, she can't help but think she is being named because her nephew was gone, along with her sister. Ser Harwin notices her face drop a bit, he brings his hand up from the side of the bed to touch hers. "Aemma would be proud to see her daughter named."

"I know she would. I just wish she could've been here to see it, to be here for Rhaenyra."

Ser Harwin lets out a sigh, "I know."

Alysanne shakes out her thoughts, "I should get dressed." She pulls the covers from over her legs, standing out of bed.

She walks over to her wardrobe across from the grand bed. She quickly picks a dress fit for the coronation. It's a completely gold dress with black and red detailing. "I'll leave you be." Ser Harwin says, standing from his spot next to the bed.

"You don't have to go just yet, I will need help tying the back."

Harwin is almost at a loss for words. He nods, and turns his back as she slips off her nightgown and puts on the other. "Okay." She says. He turns to see her. He has to hold back his jaw from dropping to the ground. "Alysanne..." he mutters.

"What Ser Harwin? Come here and help me with the back." He nods quickly, going behind her and tying up the back of the dress. He found Alysanne extremely beautiful, this made him nervous being so close to her. "Are swords the only thing your hands know how to wield?" She laughs, he replies with a nervous chuckle.

He completes tying up her gown, he rests his hands on her shoulders. He looks up to see her looking at him in the mirror. "It's beautiful, Alysanne."

She turns around to face him. "Thank you Ser Harwin." She smiles up to him. He brings his shaky hand up to move her hair behind her ear. "I'd have to say the one wearing it is just as beautiful."

"Ser Harwin..." Alysanne brings her hand to his, resting on her cheek.

A knock breaks the two apart. "One moment." Alysanne yells, but the maiden enters quickly. Ser Harwin and her are already separated by the time she enters. "My apologies, my lady. Rhaenyra sent me to bring you something. I can wait outside." She quickly says.

"No, no. It's okay." She steps away from Ser Harwin. "What is it?"

The maiden walks closer to her, handing her a box wrapped in gold and black. Alysanne accepts it, opening to reveal a golden necklace with a charm the shape of diamond with a single ruby in the middle. It was simple and small.

"It was Queen-"

"It was my sisters." Alysanne finishes. "Rhaenyra wanted me to bring it to you to have it."

Alysanne smiles, rolling the charm in her hand. "Thank you, that will be all." The maiden bows her head and walks back through the chamber doors.

Alysanne hands it to Ser Harwin and turns her back to him once more. She pulls her long silver hair to one side to allow him to place the necklace on her. She puts a hand up to the charm. "You'll always have her with you."

Alysanne smiles at his words. "After the coronation, will you stay?" Ser Harwins words take her back. "I haven't thought about it much."

He runs his hand along her shoulders. "Maybe I will. I have a home here. That's if Viserys will allow me to stay."

"I can be very convincing." Ser Harwin laughs out.

"I'll consider it. We should be going though. Will you escort me, Ser?" She says. He smiles holding out his arm. Alysanne gladly accepts.

Harwin escorts her into the throne room. It's full of royal family's waiting to swear their oath to the new heir to the Iron Throne.

The coronation ceremony was long. But joyous. Alysanne couldn't stop smiling for the niece the entirety of it. She couldn't help but think how proud her sister would've been. It only ended after every lord bent the knee and swore loyalty to her.

Later that night, Alysanne knocks on Viserys chamber door. He calls for her to enter, as she does she sees the room lit by candle light. He sits leaning over a large recreation of old Valariya. "Your Grace." She says.

"Alysanne. Pleasant seeing you. What can I do for you?"

She takes a seat next to him as he continues molding and sculpting. "I wanted to ask you something."

"That is?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"May I stay in the Red Keep? I realize I truly don't have a home anywhere else."

He looks at her with disbelief. "Of course you may stay. I loved your sister dearly and I would do anything to take care of her kin."

"Thank you Viserys. I knew your answer but I pondered what use I was around here. I pondered if I truly wanted to stay or not."

He leans back in his chair. "You and Rhaenyra are very close. What if you were her own Hand? Maybe someday that job can fall to you when she takes the Iron Throne. Otherwise, I'd be happy to arrange a marriage with someone of higher stature. You could live a long peaceful life somewhere in a castle. Or, if you did not want to stay, you will always have a place here to stay between your journeys around Westeros."

Alysanne nods. "The hand to Rhaenyra sounds a much better option for me."

"She is new to all of this, she never knew she was to be heir. She will need guidance. I trust you to lead her on a well off path."

"Of course your Grace."

"Whatever you decide, I will support you."