15. Stalker Alert

The next time they saw each other was not a month later like she had told him, but ten days later. Thankfully, she had not been evicted from her farmhouse, and no sign of pitchforks or devil horns.

Dalia was clucking away in her carry on crate as they passed by the selection of eggs.

Wincing, she tried to shield her innocent eyes and sped the cart faster.

"I know, girl. Just don't look. We can get through this aisle together, you just have to look away." She praised, rolling the crate quicker.

Jeez, that was a close call.

Contrary to popular belief, chickens were able to be in crates for a few hours and it wasn't abuse. Mona wanted to have a little bonding time with the sassy bird and so she was joining her on her local trip to a nearby farm shop.

Her crate was actually a small chicken house and it fit her personality great.

Living in the middle of nowhere was good for times like these, no one thought anything of her noisy chicken in her cart. They smiled and greeted her like it was normal.

The thirty-year old knew it was more than easy for her to grow her own fruit and vegetables but sometimes a trip to the local farm shop was necessary. She needed the things that went with the upkeep of her animals and farm, also sometimes it was nice to support other locals and their farming.

She had been picking out fresh milk when she spotted the curly brown hair and short stubble take over her vision.

She couldn't make this up if she wanted to. Shaking her head, she ignored him when he seemed to land his gaze on her and relief spread over his face.

Turning her attention onto the milk, she placed a crate full down making clinking sounds.

Next was the cheeses. As she went to pick up one, his throaty voice passing through the aisle. There were another two people in the same area, and yet he still chose to bring his trolley next to her.

Like the creep he was, he bent down to talk in hushed tones and she found herself holding in her amusement.

"Hey, pretty girl, you want some candy?"

You would think he was talking to her, but the way the bird started clucking all over again, she knew Dalia was going crazy with excitement and not over being traumatised by free range eggs again.

"You could at least take my side for once and ignore him, D." Mona scolded, putting the blue cheese down and directing her scrutiny onto the yellowish-orange chicken. "I told you not to take candy from weird, perverted, hideously ugly strangers."

"Hideous? Ugly? Ouch, you didn't have to say all that. We both know she's a Daddy's girl and you're jealousy is showing, she loves me by default, though I don't know if that's the same for you." He said, eyes wandering into her cart and taking in the sight of her shop.

Then he looked at her, skimming over her face before dragging over her flower midi skirt and crop top before he found her eyes. "Why are you taking her out in a crate anyway? She should be on the farm, this is practically animal abuse. I'll call ASPCA on you."

"Piss off. We're having a mother-daughter day, I can take my child wherever I please."

"I don't know how to feel about this. You should've told me first, we have joint custody of her. This is hardly what I call fair co-parenting."

"Mm," she hummed, taking in his casual black tee and his black fitted jogging bottoms. He had a Rolex around his wrist and some nice trainers on. "It is fair. You might as well be a deadbeat father since you haven't been paying your child support."