58. Revival

Chicago was a special place for them. For it was the very place they had met and the place where so many firsts for them were accomplished.

It was where they said 'I love you', where he asked her to move in with him, where she found lost her virginity.

Short blonde hair and honey brown eyes were the first thing she noticed as the elderly woman pulled her in for a meaningful hug.

He had already greeted and moved out of the way so that the woman he spoke about in most sessions could officially meet his long time therapist and friend.

There was a soft laugh that trailed in when the older woman pulled away and held the sides of the Arab's face so lovingly. "Oh Mona, my dear." It was clear that she felt nothing but affection for her, it was enough for her anxiety to lessen. "I've been looking forward to this day for years."

"It's so nice to officially meet you, Mary." Mona's smile in return was as wholesome as it could be. "I would be lying if I said I knew you were Heath's therapist, I had no clue until a couple of weeks ago that it was you but I'm very grateful to find out that it is. Thank you for looking after him when I couldn't. I can see the compassion you have for him in your eyes and that means everything to me."

The man in question held back his chuckle at the theatrics, figuring women stuff was not to be judged and he took a seat on the grey sofa.

The two ladies went in for another hug and that was when he spoke up. "Okay, come on, we're gonna be here for days if you both keep hugging."

Mary laughed at his input, shaking her head whilst the younger woman came to sit next to him. She placed her bag down on the ground besides her feet, and crossed her leg over.

"You're lucky I've dealt with you for twenty-one years so I'm not at all bothered by your little comments, which might I add are not needed."

"Ugh, please, I had to warn him to keep his sarcasm to a minimum in the car. I guess you can't fix that in therapy, huh?"

Heath jutted a hand against the teasing woman's arm, shoving her in a playful manner. "Hey, you cheeky little minx, don't give her any more ideas. She's been fixing enough." He said lowly, "I thought you were here to sit in and watch."

Ignoring him, Mona looked on ahead as the therapist took a seat across from them. She didn't sit behind her desk, choosing to be more informal and take the single sofa chair right opposite. The only thing in the way was the small glass coffee table in front of them.

"Twenty one years? Wow, you've seen him practically grow up in front of your eyes. How has that been?" She asked, intrigue coating her tongue.

That made Mary grin and take a good look over at the anxiety ridden man.

"Very interesting to put lightly." Another pause passed by, and the woman began to laugh. "Ten year old Heath would always bring me flowers from his back garden and loved to tell me that I was a pretty lady."

His face warmed, groaning instantly at the unfortunate memory.

"It was pretty obvious he would be a troublemaker in his teens and that was correct. Sixteen year old Heath could care less about the sessions and would only attend them if he had nothing better to do. He was too focused on girls and sports." More laughter emptied out, however this time it was coming from both of the women. "And thirty year old Heath attended every session, but he was unable to talk about much unless it included talking about you. I think this Heath is the best of them all. He's polite, caring, likes to make sure my cup is constantly filled with tea and that I'm comfortable. I like to think that he is stealing my job but I know he's just worried my old age will catch up with me one day and that I'll pass away in one of these sessions."