Chapter - 8 High-hill bar

Lana pipes

I stand in front of the High-hill bar. I took out my fake id to give to the security guard. Only 2 months of this fake id torture, I however will become a major in another 2 months. As expected the guard let me in. This is not the first time I've done this, all thanks to that id.

Disappointed. That is how I felt when my eyes failed to catch sight of Paxton and without a doubt, that is because this dolt is late as usual. I really should stop dating him.

"Hello, Babycakes." I heard a familiar voice. I turned my head to take a look to see who that might be and there stands my stalker/neighbour/tutor. Damn, today is one hell of a horrible day, can't I get a moment without this creep.

"Why do I see you, where ever I go?" I said annoyed.

"No idea, maybe it's karma." He winked.

"I hate nicknames so next time you call me baby cakes, I am gonna bake a cake with your flesh and blood," I warned.

He nodded with amusement as if my threat was a joke to him. This freak. "What are you even doing here?" I questioned.

He went forward near the bartender and ordered a beer. I ordered a whiskey. "I have a date here." He replied.

"A date? With a 60-year-old grandma?" I teased taking a sip of whiskey. This bar has the best whiskey. As today is Saturday, many people hang out here. I turned around, to see if my boyfriend came, but nope. Such an idiot. This is spoiling my mood.

"I Prefer 60-year-old women rather than a 16-year-old of today's generation." He said with taunt. I rolled my eyes. Who cares who he prefers?

"Speaking of, how did they enter you in?" he came a bit close to me and almost whispered in my ear. "Aren't you a little young to let you in?" He demanded.

"Ever heard of a thing called fake IDs?" I arced my brow. I took out my fake Id to show him. He was shocked to see it. Oh, boy does this guy don't know what a fake Id means?

"Mary Connon?" He said surprised, taking my Id from me. "Why, why this name?" He asked intrigued, surprised and shocked.

"Umm, is it wrong to have an Id with that name?" I cringed. And took my Id back.

"No, I mean, I-" He seemed to be at a loss for words.

"Mary is my middle name," I said utterly confused, why is he so concerned about this?

"Lana Mary Pipes." He whispered looking at me, somehow that look looks concerned. "That's a great name." He said with a smile. This guy is so mysterious. Sometimes funny, and annoying and other times, like Dad, said seems genuine and good. My gaze met his. For a moment all we did was stare at each other. Until "My date has arrived, you have a good time." He said and left to go near his date.

His date was not a 60-year-old woman, unfortunately. She looks like she is in her mid 30's, a skinny redhead with a few wrinkles, and brown eyes, but altogether she is pretty. They make a good pair.

I looked down at my watch, it is already 15 past 9, where in the hell is my pair? I heard footsteps approaching me. "You are late!" I snapped without turning back to see his stupid face.

"Oh no, I think, I am just in time." The voice snapped back, that surely is not Paxton. I instantly, turned my head to see who it is and then, oh no. It is him. Fear coiled all over me. I already am tense. How is he here?

"You-, how are you here?" I questioned.

"You really, thought that I would never show up again? How naive." He snorted.

"Roger, if you come anywhere near, I swear to god-" I didn't finish yet.

"Tell your cop Daddy and put me be the bars again?" He interrupted.

"Well, I did it once."

I am naive to tell that especially when I knew, how much influence he has among people here. In a word he is invincible. Only I know how much Dad worked to get him to pay for what he did. Dad worked hard to put this imbecile in the place he deserve to be. I didn't think he would come out this fast.

"I admire your balls, Lana. I love that arrogant guts you have in there, but truth be told, aren't you scared by my presence?" He sneered getting closer to me. I am, I can't imagine what he could do to me here and can easily get away with it. But I can't look scared. No.

I cupped my whiskey glass harder, if he comes anywhere near I at least need something to protect me. If I had to break his whole face to protect myself from this wicked thing, then I shall very well do it.

"You put me in jail." He pointed a finger at me. His face is filled with rage. "I didn't even come after you, yet you came after me. let's see what you will do if I come after you." He laughed. He is getting closer to me. I got a tighter hold on my glass.

"Is there a problem in here baby cakes." I heard a familiar voice. I didn't have to turn around to see, I knew it was Jaro. I looked behind. It is him.

Q/A -

Q. Did anyone bully you, if yes what did you do?

A -

Author's Note:

The next Chapter is gonna be from Jaro's pov. Please read, vote if liked and comment with your views. It would mean a lot ❤️

👻