Chapter - 23 Note

Lana Pipes

"What is this supposed to mean?" Jaro's raven eyes flushed through rage, pointing a scribbled, crashed note towards my sight. He vigorously entered my backyard while I was watering the plants. It's been 2 days since our last encounter.

"Can't you read?" I smirked, watering a pink baby's breath plant.

"Why don't you read it for me? Pipes with a water pipe," He argued with a bit of mock.

"Fine, illiterate," I sneered letting the water pipe fall to the ground. I reached his hand to free the note from his grasp.

Vacate before it gets vulgar.

"Hmm, here read it," I handed him back the note and reached for the blue water pipe I dropped.

"Don't play dumb. A warning note seriously? Are you nuts?" He arched his brow making a perfect arrow shape.

"What? I didn't write it," I lied.

"Do not forget that I was the one who tutored you in Chemistry. I know your handwriting," He folded his hands as if he solved a great mystery.

Shit. My barren brain.

"Okay, Sherlocks. You got me. I insist you follow the note," I sneered moving to the water red rose next. He moved with me.

"Why should I leave? I am paying my rent. I had deposited the advance and you can't make me leave you know? 6 months renter policy." He added.

"I don't care. I want you gone," I seriously stated looking him in the eye. "You make me and my Mom uncomfortable," I announced, watering white lilies.

"I am not the one who is causing discomfort. It's your Mom. That's her nature. She defiled Mary, me and now you. You just can't see it yet because she locked you with her sentimental saccharine words," He cried.

"You are unbelievable," I disgusted. "You are all the things that she described you are. A stalker, rogue, lothario and a douchebag," I cringed. "Now you are indirectly trying to imply that she was the reason Mary when missing?" I crept.

"She got you wrapped under her pinky," He pitied. "Stay in her pretty little lie bubble, you are way too swaggered to let me burst your bubble to bring you to the verity," His pupils dilated.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that," I chided.

"Ask your precious naïve mom where is Mary. Let's see if she has the balls to answer that," He leered.

"How would she know? You and Mary were chums. If anyone should know, it should be you," I gawked.

"Mary is her junior. There is no way she is all innocent, think wisely," His raven eyes pleased. "She blemished Mary in every way possible, all because I and Mary were friends. It was your demented Mom who was obsessed with me. I didn't realize how awful of a person she is and I accepted her when she confessed. We dated Lana. We dated for a year. She was a walking red flag. By the time I got out of that hoe's hoaxed love she caused the damage beyond restoration," He blurted.

Lies. All of this must be lies.

"I don't believe a single word that comes out of your mouth," I said this teary eyes. I was so furious I involuntarily threw the water pipe in his direction. His hair and half of the shirt are damped. Now the pipe fell to the ground.

I turned around to head back to the house. "You only heard 10% of the candour and your tender heart couldn't even take it. Her ignoble is incessant and insinuating," I heard his expletive words.

I thought of playing with him with my note but in the end, I ended up playing with his words.

...........