Chapter - 20 Answer!

Lana Pipes

2 hours earlier.......

"Lana. Lana," Paxton called. "You look so spaced out. what's wrong?" His hazel eyes questioned with concern. I sat on the bench outside of the school. School finished.

Glendora was talking enthusiastically with Neil and blushing over something he whispered over her ear. It looked like she had forgotten the whole universe and was solely concentrated on him. She barely talked or listened to anything I said while handing over her house keys that her mom gave me earlier. Scott didn't come to school today as he had a few personal issues.

"It's just," I breathed. "It's about mom. It's been 3 days since we talked with each other and I am missing her a lot. We got into a grumpy scrimmage over a doltish issue," I concluded.

"Have you approached her? Or tried to talk?" Pax asked sitting beside me.

I nodded remembering how I made her pancakes as breakfast with carrots as toppings making a smiley face. She refused to eat and instead gave it to Ben. My mind harked back to yesterday how I tried to talk to her after coming from school and how she pretended like I didn't exist and didn't even bother to reply to my talks.

"Twice. I tried twice," I sighed.

"What's wrong in trying the 3rd time?" He suggested.

"She won't," I stopped. "And I don't even want to try. I have self-respect too," I vocalized.

"Lana," He said holding my hand. "She is your mom. Just reminisce about all the things she did for you. A mother's indignation is also a form of endearment," He assured me. I pouted.

"I know how much you care for your mom. Don't let your umbrage blind you. Silly fights like this are like waves on a beach. They come and pass," He kissed my forehead.

"I miss fights like this with my mom. I miss her a lot," He dejected.

His mom died 4 months ago due to blood cancer. I squeezed his hand gently with fondness.

"I will talk to my mom," I smiled. "Look at you, from being goofy to gallant. You are changing a lot in a good way," I kissed him.

"You changed me. I want to be worthy of your love. Worthy of you," He smiled. My heart skipped a beat. I never thought Pax wanted me this much. I love being loved by him.

"If you keep doing stuff like this, I can't stop myself from falling for you," I said going crimson.

"That's what I want," He smiled gently brushing the tip of my nose.

I got up and hugged Pax as he left for his home. While I headed to mom's hospital.

As usual, I didn't go to the receptionist or ask anyone before to meet my mom. I directly barged into the cabin that said Dr. Michelle Pipes, Vet. She was seeing a bluebird by the time I got in. Perhaps a blue Robin.

"Don't you know there is a word called manners? I am seeing a patient here. You have no right to rush in here like this," My mom chided. Even that blue Robin's master, a lady who looked around 25, gave me a disgusted look.

Yes. She is right. I am not a kid anymore to act like this. I have always entered like this since I was a toddler. I do need to change this behaviour.

"I am sorry. I will wait outside. Please call me once you are done," I pleaded and left.

I waited for 15 minutes just when I thought she wouldn't call me, I heard her assistant call me.