18

The whole time I was sitting in that living room with Elise and Alex I couldn't get that moment Alex and I had in the bathroom out of my mind. I keep reacting weirdly when Alex comes close. I mean I like Alex. He's becoming a really good friend. But I can't believe I would like him more than that. However, I have never felt anything like that towards anyone, man or woman. When I think about it I have never had a serious girlfriend or anything. Maybe something for like a few weeks but never anything longer and definitely nothing with any feelings.

"Tommy, are you okay? You haven't been saying much," Alex asks when he touches my knee for a second.

My head snaps in his direction and our eyes meet I immediately look away, not daring to look into his eyes any longer. There's that damn feeling again.

"Yes, I'm good," I responded with my head back down.

I take the last sip of my tea and find a moment to get a sentence through the conversation Alex and Elise are having.

"Euh guys, I need to get going."

"Oh really. That's too bad," Elise responds

"I will see you out," Alex suggests. They both stand up right after I do. Elise starts taking the empty teacups off the table.

"I am sure we will see each other again soon," she assures as she turns around to bring the teacups to the kitchen.

Alex makes his way into the hallway and he already has my coat in his hands when I follow him into the hallway. He holds it ready for me to put my arms in. That's really sweet of him.

"Thank you," I mumble as I put my arms in the coat. He carefully stokes his hands over my shoulders making sure the coat was smooth on my back and shoulders. I take the groceries that I left in the hallway off the floor.

He opens the door and makes way so I can walk through it. The sun shines really bright and I already regret putting my coat on. I will be sweating when I come home.

"I am really glad I saw you today and that you could stay to drink some tea."

"Same for me. I had a great time and I gotta tell you Elise is really starting to grow on me."

"Be careful or she'll ask to drink tea at her house every weekend," He warns with a smile spreading on his face. I have to admit, he is beautiful when he smiles.

"Well, I happen to like her tea very much sir,'' I argued with a smile and we both start laughing.

Once we fall quiet I take a few deep breaths and try to think what I should say next.

"W- well, see you some other time then."

"Yes for sure," he responds and places his hand on the upper half of my arm. "Get home safely Tommy."

"I will. Thank you"

I am only a few houses away when I hear him calling out my name behind me.

"Tommy, wait."

I do what he says and stop walking. He runs in my direction and stands in front of me before I have a chance to turn around.

"What can be so important for you to run to tell?" I ask while laughing.

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to hang out with me sometime."

We fall into silence because I don't know what to say. Of course, I want to hang out with him but I don't want to tell him that with too much excitement. I don't want him to think I waited for him to ask like I am obsessed with him or something.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked that. You probably don't want to and don't even have time for it with work and all." He proclaims as he turns around ready to head back.