Michael- Becoming A Gray

Trigger warnings- talks about abuse (doesn't go into detail, just implied), arranged marriage

The library, a place filled with imagination, romance, horror and everything in between. A safe place for YN, who enjoys nothing more that curling up on the sofa next to the fire with a book in her hand. Today is no different, she is currently reading a childhood classic that has quickly become her favourite book, Alice In Wonderland. The door to the library opens and in walks YN's father, a mixture of excitement and worry is written all over his face....

"YN we must talk" father says walking over to the sofa
"Is everything ok?" I ask frowning
"My business partner and I have decided on a deal"
"Ok? what's the deal?"
"You are to marry Mr Shelby's cousin"
"The Shelbys?! father you must be joking. The Shelbys are ruthless"
"I'm afraid not YN. You are to marry Michael in a months time when he returns from the US"
"I can't believe you!" I yell getting up "why? why force me to marry a man I don't know, better yet into a dangerous family"
"I'm sorry YN. We need the protection he needs a wife"
"You do realise I'm probably going to die. You've just sentenced me to death" I walk up to my father and whisper "I will never forgive you for this" and storm out of the library. I grab my coat and leave the house, heading over to my best friend Sophia's house.

"Can you believe it? he seems fine with it as well. Said we need the protection and Michael needs a wife"
"Maybe we can get you a train ticket and you can run away?" Sophia suggests. I shake my head
"It's the Shelbys. Thomas Shelby is the worst, he'll track me down and probably kill me. Either way once I'm married I'm probably going to have a busted lip, a bruised eye or be killed. Soph I'm so scared" a lone tear runs down my face
"We will think of something" Sophia takes my hand in hers and gives it a comforting squeeze "how long have you got?"
"Father said in a month" I tell her looking down
"Oh YN. What if we fake your death?"
"Won't work. I'm getting married to Michael Gray and I don't think there's anything we can do" I give Sophia a sad smile.

The day of the wedding arrives. I have not met Michael yet, and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. All I know is that he's a couple of years older than I am. Father and I arrive at a mansion, I'm already in my wedding dress, I must say it is beautiful but I wish that I was wearing this dress because I loved someone, not for business. I feel my breath hitch as I realise that this is it, my death sentence. Father gets out of the car and walks over to my side of the car. He opens up the door and I hesitantly get out
"Ah Mr YLN please come on in" a lady with short brown hair wearing a maids uniform we walk into the large house "the drawing room where the wedding will be held is just down here" we follow the lady to some large doors "Mr Shelby said we will begin in 2 minutes"
"Thank you" my father smiles. He takes my arm in his and I take in a shaky breath "YN make sure you say yes" his grip gets a little tighter, not to harm me but just a warning of if I say no all hell will break loose.
2 minutes go by and the doors to the drawing room opens and my eyes immediately land on a young man in the other side of the room. Handsome is not enough to describe this man, I notice he looks me up and down then turns to one of the Shelby brothers and smiles. Blushing, my father walks me over to Micheal and hands me over.

After all of the formalities and the I do's we are man and wife. We shared a kiss, which sent tingles down my spine. Micheal and I are now seated at a table, I'm shaking and he must have noticed because he takes my hand in his
"Calm down love" I look at him "what's wrong?" he asks me
"What's wrong his I've heard about you Blinders. Thomas's wife was shot not long after they got married"
"Ah no one really liked her" he shrugs which makes me more nervous "shit that was the wrong thing to say. Your not gonna get shot. No one is going to harm you"
"How can you promise that? why would you promise that? you don't even know me"
"Yes that may be true, but I will actually take this marriage seriously. I will protect you, provide for you and learn to love you, which I don't think will be to hard to do. Anyway yeah what happened to Grace was a unfortunate accident, but look at John and Esme" he points over to the couple dancing together, Esme with a bump "Tommy arranged their marriage and they truly love each other. I hope we can be like that when our Finn gets married"
"So, no whores?"
"No whores. Now.." Micheal gets up and holds his hand out to me "how about our first dance together" I give him a little smile and take his outstretched hand. We make our way to the open space and begin to dance.

Later in the evening Micheal takes me outside to the garden for some peace and quiet. I'm holding a glass of wine in one hand and he's holding a whiskey and holding on to my waist
"Tommy didn't do to bad picking my wife. Your beautiful"
"Thank you. Your quite handsome yourself" I blush and he chuckles pulling me closer to him.
We continue to talk outside what seems for a few hours
"Penny for your thoughts?" Micheal asks
"Weirdly I wish my mum could have been here today"
"She is" I turn around and see Esme walking towards me and Micheal "I can feel it"
"Alright everyone!" Arthur shouts "let's set these fireworks off and drink" I laugh. During the firework display Micheal and I kiss... a lot. He's tease by his cousins Finn and John. But the night ends up perfect. Who knows maybe we truly can fall in love and have a family together.

I might do a part 2 to this where YN and Micheal have kids