39

Something had gone really wrong in my life for me to be rushing a demon ass-naked with an antique magic whip in hand that I didn't even know how to use. And in the snow, too, with my tits bouncing all over the place at supersonic frequency as I sprinted in subzero temperatures, which really fucking hurt and reminded me why women don't go free-boobing their cardio sessions unless they want to give themselves a black eye. It was even worse because despite the heat pouring out of my contract mark and flushing the cold out of my body with surging pulses, my still-stiff nipples could probably chisel a perfect replica of Michelangelo's David out of the ice.

That was right — ice. So much heat had emanated from both Princes as they fought that it had melted away the powdery upper layers of snow and revealed the packed, rigid level underneath. The chill of the winter storm and the mountain altitude whipped around in numbing winds, refreezing any melted liquid or steam in bursts. The droplets that had condensed over my bare body were also frosting again, little by little. Every step I sprinted, the cold battled the heat inside me, trying to slow me down.

No time for that. I was coming for Mammon with the weapon Sarina had left me, and all I had to do was swing it like she had when she caught and reeled me up from the collapsed underground chamber. It couldn't be that hard. Just grasp tight, hold up, jerk the shoulder, elbow, and wrist hard, like they did in the movies. That was right. I was taking control now. I had a plan and I was crazy enough to go for it, and no one would stop me, not death or taxes or all the damn presidents and their mothers —

Lust stopped me. Immediately. He simply appeared in front of Mammon and caught my wrists, holding my arms up like I was a five year old child he needed to dress. A naked five year old child he needed to dress. All of a sudden, I became acutely aware of the last traces of his come that had literally frozen between my thighs and then thawed again. This wasn't a good look for me. Or a comfortable one. He didn't squeeze the whip handle out of my grip, at least, but it took everything I had simply to hold onto it as he pulled me up onto the tips of my toes.

The brief lull didn't last. Mammon took advantage of it and lunged, the Shard on his tongue flashing as it disappeared back into his maw. Long fangs stabbed down toward the back of Lust's neck, happening faster than my eyes could track but in slow motion at the same time, mushing together in my head.

Lust's arrowed tail whipped out in a blur, stabbing into Mammon's throat and lodging there. The blow aborted the lunge, stopping the monster's head short before his jaws could snap around the exposed nape, but that didn't stop Mammon's lower body from colliding with Lust. Momentum carried him straight into Lust's back with a heavy thump. In the next instant, I was flying backward, tangled in a pair of heated, muscular arms that snaked around and crushed me.

It was too fast for me to brace for impact. I didn't even realize what had happened until I was already horizontal, my senses swallowed by the the dull thud of something heavy hitting solid ice. A crunching noise followed, and the world log-rolled simultaneously. No, wait, it was me rolling over, hard. Huh? What was going on?

Something else smashed into the clumped, melted-and-refrozen ice right next to me, another solid, painful noise that would have made me wince if I weren't so dazed. Only then did I realize what had happened. Mammon had bashed into Lust, sending us both to the ground, but Lust had wrapped himself around me and twisted halfway to absorb the fall. The momentum had sent us rolling over, but I was now on top, straddling him as steam swirled around me. The frost layer that had begun gathering on my naked body melted again, vaporizing against the heat he radiated. I tried to push myself off of him, wobbling, wavering — Mammon had fallen with us! And he had rolled too, half on top of us with his thick black wolf tail and rear legs brushing my leg and hip on that side. One swipe and those claws could take off my head, or Lust's head, or whatever it damn well wanted. Get up! Get away!