48

MAMMON

From the start, I never intended to go far. The thought of briefly returning to the shore to look for the lost blessed whip had crossed my mind earlier, when I followed Asmodeus around to see what he would gather for his offering to the witch, but I would slash my throat back open before I left him alone with her now. She had uncommon resilience if she could hold out for this long against his influence, especially when he was so determined to possess her, but it was only a matter of time before he monopolized her and left no part of her soul unmarked.

Fucking Asmodeus. This was why the three of us had banded together to get rid of him first, Leviathan, me, and even Ashaitan who never gave a damn about tactics before. If we had properly crushed him and he hadn't slipped away at the last second...

But that was in the past, and this was my second chance. I had known Asmodeus would be careless, leaving his back turned to me while he seduced the witch, so after summoning my other form, I had circled back to catch him when his guard was down. It couldn't have been more than a minute since I loped off, but he was already utterly absorbed in his game, the witch nearly naked in his lap as his hands roamed her body, hungry and greedy. All I had to do was stifle my aura — easily done — then approach and mangle him with one critical blow. I couldn't outright kill him without being certain his damned Shard wouldn't execute me in the same instant, but if I could just maul him fast and hard enough before the magical backlash struck me, I stood a chance. My regeneration was one of the fastest among the Seven. I could recover more quickly than him by far. Or to be safe, maybe I should unseal the Shard from myself to break the fatal link just before striking, but then couldn't he access to its power and strike back, prolonging the fight —?

I didn't realize I had returned to my other form until my fists clenched in the stiff grass, disturbing them with crisp crackles. I had crouched low among the tall blades, preparing to slink undetected as far as I could before the ambush, but when had my body melted back to this shape? I was strong no matter which form I took, and this two-legged one had its uses, but I needed my claws and fangs. Asmodeus was not to be underestimated in a fight.

So what was I doing, watching and growing hard as he rutted against the witch, his tail twining up her leg to separate her thighs? What was I doing, letting my hand pull back from the grass to drag down my body, until I held my heavy cock in my palm?

"Ah... Ah!"

"My sweet Sable. I can make you see. Every part of me belongs to you, love. Don't you feel it? This is yours, too. I'll give it to you."

"Ngh...! St... sto..."

"Stop? Is that what you want me to do?" He tipped her head back with one hand entangled in her hair, clawed fingertips gleaming in the sunlight. "If that's what you really want, why are you already so wet for me? Don't tell me I'm only imagining this."

My cock twitched in my grip when her helpless moan curled around my skin, carried on the subtle breeze. She was trying to keep from bucking into his hand that was now between her thighs, stroking and rubbing with slow, deliberate movements. I could hear every slick whisper, every shuddering moan, every broken gasp as he pressed harder and harder, fingers sliding along her inner curves and teasing her mercilessly.

"If you want me to stop, then say the word, my sweet. But you need to say it clearly so I can hear you. You're moaning so much I can't tell exactly what you mean..."

Fucking Asmodeus, playing stupid as he always did, infuriating beyond what anyone could bear. He was the youngest of us by far and the most ignorant, brashly disrespectful but gilding it with mocking elegance, always. I still remembered when he first appeared to us, not yet grown but already too slick with his words. We'd thought it was funny then, even endearing. Until we found out how easy it was for him to glide into our confidence and slip under our skin.